Help - Message rules problem

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
owdpostie5
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Help - Message rules problem

Postby owdpostie5 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Version 2
Your Internet Browser Type: Opera
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Just Installed Windows 7 64bit on a newly built computer then installed Incredimail 2. I then exported all my Incrredinail settingis from my old computer and imported them into the new build.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Every thing worked OK with Incredimail after the settings were imported, but when I came to try to create another new rule(filter) that is where I encountered the problem. I opened 'Message Rules' and clicked 'Add new Rule' I then selected 'If to contains' in box 1, and "something" in box 2 then in box 3 I selected 'Move to'. Now this is where the Problem arose:-It would accept any input in to Box 4" which is the required destination folder for the 'Move To'. Can anyone suggest what is the problem and a possible solution. ?

moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Help - Message rules problem

Postby moonstar » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 am

Does this issue occur in a New Identity (one that doesn't have your old data in it)?

To open a new Identity, click the 'Tools' menu in the IncrediMail main window, scroll to 'Identities' and select 'New Identity...'. Enter a name for your new Identity and click 'OK'. Once the new Identity opens, enter your details and set up your email account.

Does the problem continue to occur in the new Identity?

Please Note: Your emails will not be visible in the new Identity - to view your emails just switch back to your former Identity, by clicking your Profile Image and selecting your old Identity.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

owdpostie5
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby owdpostie5 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:56 pm

moonstar wrote:Does this issue occur in a New Identity (one that doesn't have your old data in it)?

To open a new Identity, click the 'Tools' menu in the IncrediMail main window, scroll to 'Identities' and select 'New Identity...'. Enter a name for your new Identity and click 'OK'. Once the new Identity opens, enter your details and set up your email account.

Does the problem continue to occur in the new Identity?

Please Note: Your emails will not be visible in the new Identity - to view your emails just switch back to your former Identity, by clicking your Profile Image and selecting your old Identity.

Thanks for your suggestions but I am afraid that I do not understand the difference between 'Identities' and 'Mail accounts'. I have simply created two mail accounts - one for myself and one for my wife and can receive e-mails to either account OK. I have created a few sub-folders into which I wish to re- direct incoming mail into an appropriate folder for different topics, hence the requirement for message rules to re-direct mail to the correct folders. Can you suggest what I may be doing wrong and how I may be able to accomplish what I am trying to do. ?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Have you clicked the button "..." ?

1.jpg
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

owdpostie5
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby owdpostie5 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Many thanks 'IncrediModerator' that was exactly what I needed and given in a very explicit way. Problem solved. However I still do not know what is the difference between an 'Identity' and an 'Account' so I would be grateful for an explanation.

cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi,

Gaining access to an email 'Account' verifies to the email server that you are the owner of the emails in that email account. An 'Identity' authorises you to the (Incredimail program) that you have access the email 'Account(s)' you have configured within that 'Identity'.
HELP !!!

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”