Reducing the sixe of the bacckup (export) file.

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Wallace
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Reducing the sixe of the bacckup (export) file.

Postby Wallace » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:42 am

Morning. I am an avid user of Incredimail Premium including JunkMailFilter and the Gold Gallery and have been for many years. One of it's main attributes for me is the ability to export all settings, messages, skins et al. easily and then import them as and when required.

However, my backup file is now very large, something like 100M. This may sound silly but I am not sure why. I say that because my backup does not include many attachments of any great size. I Have a reference folder I store all my "must keep" emails like receipts and program registration documents. If I receive an email with a large attachment, a picture for example, I save it to may separate documents folder and delete it from Incredimail completely. The net result is that my backup file should be no where near a large as it appears.

Could it be that Incredimail saves the attachment even though I have deleted it AND emptied my deteted bin?

Anyone got any ideas how I can slim down my backup file?

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Wallace on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cracking Toast Gromit!
----------------------------

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Redusing the sixe of the bacckup (export) file.

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 am

It seems that the size of your backup file is normal as it usually weights 700MB per file and beyond. The backup file saves content and registry keys related to IncrediMail, also it exports all the Identities located in your IncrediMail.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Wallace
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Reducing the sixe of the bacckup (export) file.

Postby Wallace » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Cracking Toast Gromit!
----------------------------

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”