In order to find the cause of this issue, determine if the issue is when Sending or Receiving, Creating a Message, or General Slowness. You should first install the latest version of IncrediMail (click here) to restore any damaged or corrupted program files that may contribute to this issue.
Send/Receive Process is too slow - Large Messages stuck in Outbox or Server.
Please check your Outbox (Sending) or Server (Receiving) for large messages and remove them to complete the download.
* If this doesn't help, please click here for more Send/Receive Solutions.
Delay while Creating Messages - Disable the 'Typing Feature' using one of the following:
- In the main IncrediMail window, click the 'Tools' menu and then 'Options'. Under the 'Effects' tab, simply uncheck 'Play Typing Sounds'.
- In a New Message, click the 'Typing' icon. The Typing feature will now be disabled.
1) Delete the Runtime Folder - This Folder contains Temporary files, and deleting it should help your IncrediMail run faster (it will be recreated over time):
- To delete your 'Runtime' folder, please click here
- Click 'Run' in the File Download dialog, click 'Run' again when asked to run the software and follow the instructions in the SupportUtil dialog.
2) Reset Internet Explorer (Instructions for IE9) - Please note that IncrediMail uses Internet Explorer components to work, so you will need to perform these steps in Internet Explorer even if it is not your Default Browser!
- Please first close IncrediMail completely from the Tray (right-click the envelope icon next to your Computer clock and click 'Exit').
- Open Internet Explorer, click the 'Tools' menu (“gear” symbol) and select 'Internet Options'.
- Select the 'Security' tab, make sure 'Enable Protected Mode' is NOT marked, and click the 'Reset all zones to default level' button.
- Select the 'Advanced' tab, click 'Reset ...'. After doing so, click 'Restore advanced settings'.
- Click 'OK' and close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Open IncrediMail and check if this helps.
3) Restart Windows using 'MSCONFIG' (Windows Vista/7) - Restart Windows with only the bare minimum of programs. This will determine if another program is causing IncrediMail to run slowly:
- Click the 'Start' menu and in the 'Start Search' dialog, type the word 'msconfig', and press on the 'Enter' key.
- In the 'System Configuration' dialog, select the 'Startup' tab and click 'Disable All'.
- Restart your computer.
- With only the basic programs loaded, please double-click the IncrediMail icon on your Desktop.
4) Restart Windows in Safe Mode (Windows Vista/7) - Restart Windows with only the bare minimum of programs. This will determine if another program is causing IncrediMail to run slowly:
- Restart your computer.
- Before Windows starts, press the 'F8' key on your keyboard.
- Select the 'Safe Mode (with Networking)' option from the 'Mode Select' menu.
- Check to see if IncrediMail runs correctly.
If you have tried all of these steps, and still have issues using IncrediMail, please create a New Post (with as much detail as possible) about the issue in the Technical Issues area of the Forum, and we will check the issue further.