CRASH ON SEND (Hotmail, MSN, Live Accounts)

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

CRASH ON SEND (Hotmail, MSN, Live Accounts)

Postby moonstar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:19 pm

For any Hotmail/MSN/Live users that are experiencing any sort of crash when sending or receiving, please Reconfigure your Email Accounts using the following steps:

1. Click the 'Tools' menu and then select 'Email Accounts'.

2. Click 'Add'. (If your account is already listed, first choose your account and then click 'Remove' before clicking 'Add'.)

3. Please choose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'. If you do not see the 'Let me configure…' option, continue to Step 4.

4. Please choose Windows Live/Hotmail.

5. Type in your Windows Live ID (e.g. johndoe@hotmail.com, johndoe@live.com, etc.) and your password, and click 'Next'.

6. Click 'Finish' (and 'Ok').

Please Note: Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your Email Account Provider has given you.

If you are an IncrediMail Xe User, please do the following:

1. Please click the 'Tools' menu, and then 'Email Accounts'. Select your account, and click 'Properties'.

2. Click on the 'Servers' tab and make sure that you use the correct Servers:

Incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com

3. Check the box for 'My server requires authentication' option.

4. Click on the 'Advanced' tab and check the two SSL checkboxes while outgoing mail port (SMTP) is 25 and incoming mail port (POP3) is 995 , and click 'OK'.

Let me know if this helps.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”