Use this forum to get the most of IncrediMail website
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
michellejones3
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Trojan on Incredimail Website

Postby michellejones3 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 pm

I just went to the skins section of the gallery and also to the sale section where I had been experiencing virus/trojan issues and I had NO problems at all. emoticon-0137-clapping Looks like you've corrected the issue.
Thanks! emoticon-0100-smile

pgillmer
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby pgillmer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

I am not experiencing any more problems either!

Thanks Incredimail! You guys are awesome! emoticon-0137-clapping

Penny

SpyderLady
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby SpyderLady » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:32 pm

All Clear now....I will inform my Yahoo group. Let's hope the information that the site is now clear spreads as fast as the information that it was infected. emoticon-0140-rofl
Thanks for taking care of this.

I did notice that 2 of the advertisements took note of the fact that I am using IE7 and that my pc needs a "tune up"...I wish that IM didn't have advertisements like those. My AVG Resident Shield also detected the tracking cookie Zedo. My AVG Resident Shield is set to automatically delete tracking cookies.

Roland
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Roland » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi,

I just red this topic. Its very good that users warned other users and the Incredimail team.
Excellent team playing emoticon-0148-yes

I have to admit that i use Firefox (latest) with the add-on Adblock. Both programs helped me preventing to get these trojans on my computer since i visit this website very often since a few days.

By the way i am a premium user so dont kill me because i block your advertisements lol emoticon-0109-kiss

ShaeLouise
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby ShaeLouise » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:42 am

Roland wrote:Hi,

I just red this topic. Its very good that users warned other users and the Incredimail team.
Excellent team playing emoticon-0148-yes

I have to admit that i use Firefox (latest) with the add-on Adblock. Both programs helped me preventing to get these trojans on my computer since i visit this website very often since a few days.

By the way i am a premium user so dont kill me because i block your advertisements lol emoticon-0109-kiss

Hey Roland - I am a Firefox user too. I have a HORRIBLE time on my computer when I am forced to switch over to IE, as in this IncrediMail program. My IE is so slow I could read a book waiting for it to function. Unfortunately when I want to add new letters etc. from IncrediMail I am forced to switch over to the dreaded IE. I'm really not sure how to use the Adblock program on Firefox so that I don't keep getting the pop-ups from IncrediMail. I find them VERY off-putting. I purchase what I want to purchase, and the pop-ups just turn me OFF.

ShaeLouise
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby ShaeLouise » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:01 am

Hi Rachael!

Thank you for your prompt attention to this virus matter. It is really appreciated.

I ran Piriform Ccleaner on my machine and then checked your site. All was well. emoticon-0137-clapping

It is reassuring to know there is actually someone "out there" paying attention to the concerns of the users of the program.

While I have your attention: Those big round pop ups on the "new letters" site are sleazy and annoying. When you have a professional looking product to sell, folks will buy it. You don't need big, annoying round things blocking the screen.

moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby moonstar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:03 am

I would like to thank everyone for your feedback and comments, and for taking the time to assist in correcting this issue!!!

I'd also like to point out this wasn't a trojan/virus. Programs will sometimes incorrectly recognize broken code as a trojan, which was the case here. The ad causing the error had bad coding, and we have now fixed it and everything should be alright.

As for the "big round popups", these are used during our holiday and special campaigns to draw attention to new users who are unfamiliar with IncrediMail. The ads only show up a few times a year, and are associated with promotions being run. This is common with other major product sites as well, and is not unique to IncrediMail.

Thank you once again, and please continue updating us whenever you see something unusual that we should check into! emoticon-0137-clapping
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

ShaeLouise
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby ShaeLouise » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:23 am

I really have to question that comment that what appeared on my computer was just bad coding. Those messages were from some site that wanted the recipient (me) to think I had a large number of viruses and malware on my computer. My first impulse was to think I really had all those viruses and malware as a result of my IncrediMail download, and "Microsoft" was alerting me. The only reason I even realized it wasn't a legit alert was because the writer used improper grammar etc. I deleted it rather than opened it. I shudder to think what might have happened had I not realized it was a phony site.

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:35 am

Just to clear this up, IncrediMail had a banner with an external ad (not created by IncrediMail), wherein one of the sites it pointed to was causing the popups. We were not aware of this, and as soon as we found out we immediately removed the banner.

Due to this, we are going to do more intensive checks of external advertising and banners before placing them on the site, to make sure this does not occur again!
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “IncrediMail's website”