Letter Creator Fonts

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with Letter Creator
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Tika
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Letter Creator Fonts

Postby Tika » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:36 am

I am a little bothered that I upgraded to this Incredimail 2.0 and now I cannot see all of my windows fonts in the Letter creator. Previous to 2.0 when I used LC it would recognize every font installed in my C:/Windows/Fonts folder and now nothing. Creating letters with only 10 fonts plainly SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is how 2.0 is going to be I want to downgrade back to an earlier version of IM .. is that possible or is IM going to fix this issue and realize that those of us that create letters like a few more options than 10?!?!?!?!?!

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Letter Creator Fonts

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:55 am

We are fully aware of this issue and we may consider adding a new feature to the Letter Creator which allows you to add fonts into it.

The Letter Creator uses the most common fonts to make sure that Letters you send to your email recipients are viewed correctly, as you intended them to be seen.

Also, the same issue occurs both in IncrediMail Xe & IncrediMail 2.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

eaglady
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby eaglady » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:17 pm

That would be nifty keen if you did add the feature to be able to use more fonts in letter creator.
Thank you!

Deja
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Deja » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:13 am

I too used to love adding my favorite fonts to the Letter Creator. Do not understnd why you took this option away?
The ten you feel are the best are certainly not good ones...sorry.. the only one that reads well is Centry Gothic.
Please do give us this option back. It would be greatly appreciated.
Hugz
Deja

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:32 am

As I already wrote in previous message, we will certainly consider to add this feature to the Letter Creator. Also, please note that adding fonts to Letter Creator wasn't offered by IncrediMail as feature and it was a glitch in the application.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Kandlelight
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Kandlelight » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:40 am

I'm very disappointed that this isn't something that's out there. If you use free fonts and offer them to the users you create stats for, I don't see what the big deal is.

I'm not just disappointed,... I'm FRUSTRATED, PISSED and IRRITATED!!

PLEASE, Incredimail.... give us back the ability to create IncrediMail stats with the designs and fonts WE WANT!

Smkymtbear
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Smkymtbear » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:08 am

SOLVED?? Are you kidding me?? To you it may be solved but to US PAYING CUSTOMERS it is NOT solved at all. This is NOT what I paid for let me tell you what. I'm pissed beyond anything you can imagine.

Imagine my surprise when my computer crashed Sunday and I HAD to upgrade to the new 2.0, put my registration codes in opened LC to find there are only 10 sorry fonts listed in there. Like I said, this is NOT what I PAID for.

I'm sick and tired of paying for things online only to get an upgrade that took away what I paid for. Since my computer crashed Sunday I've had this happen with 2 different programs I PURCHASED! Here we are told "oh well" too bad. We "MAY CONSIDER" doing something about it and on the other one it was PAY to get upgrade Tech Support WTH!!!!!!!!! I've already paid and I'm not paying again so they lose a customer..guess you guys want to lose some too huh?? There ARE other programs out there that will let you create IM Stats...you might want to remember that.

by IncrediModerator » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:55 am

We are fully aware of this issue and we may consider adding a new feature to the Letter Creator which allows you to add fonts into it.

The Letter Creator uses the most common fonts to make sure that Letters you send to your email recipients are viewed correctly, as you intended them to be seen.

Also, the same issue occurs both in IncrediMail Xe & IncrediMail 2.Best regards,

IncrediModerator

As WE intended them to be seen?? Really??? We intended them to be seen with the Fonts WE want to use. NOT what you say we HAVE to use.

Edited by IncrediModerator.

Smkymtbear
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Letter Creator Fonts NOW IT'S SOLVED!

Postby Smkymtbear » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:20 am

Don't tell me I can't use my Fonts! I worked and worked until I found a work around for IM2 and by georgie I found one!!

Please back up any work before trying this work around!!

This should work on XP and Vista!

Click on Start
Click on "C"
Go to the top of the folder and click on TOOLS
Click on "FOLDER OPTIONS"
Click on "VIEW"
Look through there and find where it says "Hidden Files and Folders"
TICK THE GREEN BUBBLE where it says "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS".
Close "C" folder down completely.

Click on Start
Click on "C"
Click on "Documents and Settings"
Click on "All Users"
Click on "Application Data"
Click on "INCREDIMAIL" - not IM
Click on "Data"

Here you should find 2 notepads - One called "Fonts" and one called "CommonFonts"

(Please make backup copies incase this does not work for you. I left my backup copies in the same folder. If you "Right" click on them and copy and paste it will name them "Copy of Fonts" and "Copy of CommonFonts". Then if this don't work you will still have what you need.)

Open BOTH of the original font notepads and minimize.
Go to the ones you can see in the data folder and DELETE BOTH ORIGINAL FONT NOTEPADS.

Maximize one of the notepads you have open - DELETE everything IN there. - Then at the top click "SAVE AS" and Name it the same name it was. (IE - if you maximized CommonFonts then name it CommonFonts and close it. Do the SAME with Fonts. Maximize it, delete all it's contents, "Save As" "Fonts". Close.

Close the Data Folder.

Open Letter Creator and BAM! There ya go. All your fonts that you have INSTALLED on your computer should open in LC.

I sure hope this helps the folks out there with the new IM2. It's great to have my fonts back!!

Hugs,
Bristol

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:17 am

Smkymtbear wrote:SOLVED?? Are you kidding me?? To you it may be solved but to US PAYING CUSTOMERS it is NOT solved at all. This is NOT what I paid for let me tell you what. I'm pissed beyond anything you can imagine.

Imagine my surprise when my computer crashed Sunday and I HAD to upgrade to the new 2.0, put my registration codes in opened LC to find there are only 10 sorry fonts listed in there. Like I said, this is NOT what I PAID for.

As I wrote above, adding fonts to the Letter Creator wasn't offered by IncrediMail as an official feature of the Letter Creator.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”