Incredibackup

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Joseduddy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Incredibackup

Postby Joseduddy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:14 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0 build id 6295139
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 9
Your Operation System: Windows 7 Home 64bit dell inspiron N5030

What have you done before the problem occurred?
nothing but try to download and install

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
yes see screen shots at joseduddy.com/screenshot.zip

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Purchased Incredibackup Twice in the last 6 months and it still will not install on Windows 7 64bit. Purchased product. Dowloaded and installed all lic# codes and entered. Click backup incredimail and it just takes me to the purchase page. When I did get the correct download link it said downloading then disapears. It did not leave a install file on the desktop but an Orange incredimail-back .exe file in my download folder, When I click the .exe file is ask to I want to install, I say yes then You get error message. "this program my not have installed properly" did this install properly?
No where on the computer is there a icon to run back up. If you click back up on the file menu in incredimail it takes you to the purchase Incredibackup page. it dosen't back up anything or run any program. Your instruction show after clicking install you get a box to enter code with a CD behind it. I have never been able to get to that point. can only enter code manualy in incredimal drop down menu.

see all my screen shot at http://www.joseduddy.com/screenshot.zip
Attachments
back 2.JPG
Also see screenshot of perfect data transfer wizard exported cab files that will not import to new windows 7 machine 64bit by data import wizard. We have lost over 400 customer emails because 5 cab files created and completed just fine. Then when we went to import back into new machine the data cab file #2 said it had decompress problems. see screen shot on that please.
see screen shot on that too!.. If we cannot get this right then you need to refund two purchase in the last six months. Jose

Joseduddy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Incredibackup

Postby Joseduddy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:53 am

Joseduddy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Joseduddy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:58 am

Joseduddy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Joseduddy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:02 pm

just installed the FULL version of incredimail as per customer Support. Incredibackup still will not install. I have created a video for you and Customer Support to watch on my you tube page. here is the link. below
1. I click Backup Incredimail from file menu
2. It takes me to the download page
3. It says at the bottom of the window(do you want to save or run this file) I tried Both run and save
4. After a minute the page disapeers and " Nothing "
5. So I go to the desktop, and the only thing on the desktop is an orange incredimail icon that say incrediback.exe
6. I double click and it says do you want to allow the following program to make changes
7. I click yes
8. Then it says" This program might not have installed correctly " Reinstall using reccomended settings or " This program installed correctly" I tried both
9. Click either one and nothing happens
10. I go back to incredimail, click file, click Backup Incredimail. And it takes me back to the Download page again.
around and around and around.
11. I never at any time do I get the enter registration code box that has the orange icon and a CD in front of it. so i manualy entered the code, it was excepted. But everything still the same.
This program will not install!

video screen shot address http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y50p36uI ... ata_player

balloon66
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby balloon66 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Just do the following:

install the exe-file in compatibility modus für windows xp sp 3.

That helps and everythink is working fine.

Joseduddy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Joseduddy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm

A great big thank you to Baloon66. You have just fixed my incredibakup problem. Thank You.
They should hire you at Incredimail Support!!!

Now what do you think about my Data and settings transfer wizard problem.
I exported 5 cab file from win 7 64 bit and it said complete.
Put them on and external drive.
install new HD and fresh win 7 64 bit, did all windows updates, installed fresh incredimail FULL.
started import wizard. I have data cab/data1.cab/data2.cab/dat3.cab/data4.cab
it get half way through data1.cab and i get an error message

"Failure decompressing data from file"

balloon66
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby balloon66 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:10 am

Put the cab--files onto your desktop. Try again to use the data transfer wizard. What happens now?

Joseduddy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Joseduddy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 am

Thanks for the reply
They were in My Docs, already imported from external when I tried several times. Still like me to try from desktop?

GaryT
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby GaryT » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:25 am

FYI - One thing that will cause that error is If there is a corrupted email, contact, address, etc within any of the Incredimail Data.cab files it will cause the error your are receiving.

gbombard
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gbombard » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 am

balloon66 wrote:Just do the following:

install the exe-file in compatibility modus für windows xp sp 3.

That helps and everythink is working fine.

Where do I get this exe-file?

Return to “Windows 7”