Malware from IMInstaller

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Malware from IMInstaller

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Handmaiden - where on your computer is the HiJackerC folder located?

scarycatlady - If you do not wish to make IncrediMail's MyStart your homepage, and would like to set something else as your homepage, for detailed instructions for each Web Browser, please click here:

https://incredimail.zendesk.com/entries ... is-mystart

Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Handmaiden » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 pm

The IMInstaller is in a temp file which comes each and every time I access my email through Incredimail. I can delete the file by going to %temp% and just deleting it, and so could my husband, but now he can't. Its open somewhere else and it can't be deleted simply. I have no clue where its open elsewhere. I have to run a malware scan, but then its back the next time Incredimail is loaded.
I have not posted as I've been trying to resolve the IMInstaller issue via private Incredimail's support center. They are either uninformed or don't have a clue what to do now that my husband cannot delete the IMInstaller folder.
BTW, why hasn't Incredimail addressed the HighjackerC? I understand its in your search engine in Version2.

To Scarycatlady,

Thank you. You do have windows OS7/IE10 also?

Tell me though, how did Housecall help? You uninstalled Incredimail before going to HouseCall, while saving your contacts and other files before the uninstall?

I am going to try your suggestion. If that doesn't work, I'll quit Incredimail for good. Its just not worth it and I've been happy for 10 yrs until now.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:31 pm

The bottom part of the instructions in the link below is for how to remove the IncrediMail toolbar:

http://www.incredimail.com/english/uninstall.aspx
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Handmaiden » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:38 am

Please forgive a bit of frustration. I don't have Incredimail toolbar. I said I had a temp folder called IMInstaller that is identified by computer security as having malware in it called HijackerC. The IMInstaller folder is called Incredibar in the scan results. Security does delete the IMInstaller folder usually, but running a malware scan daily is not my cup of tea, nor should I have to. The folder cannot be deleted after Incredimail loads/is opened by going to the temp folder and trying to delete the IMInstaller folder manually. It can be deleted after exiting only, but returns again each time one opens Incredimail.
I uninstalled the last version 2 and reinstalled the 2.5 at the recommendation of your support center and now have send/receive issues, and The HighjackerC in the IMInstaller folder is still here. I still can't delete this folder using %temp% with Incredimail open. I have been getting ill advice or incomplete advice from the support center and an apparent runaround of the issue of this malware which the internet says is not a good thing. I like Incredimail, but now that I have to figure out why this new version won't send or receive mail. The settings are correct to my understanding. I have Windows OS7/IE10 and Avast. I am pretty bent out of shape at the moment because of the send/receive malfunction.
<Devil>

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Which IncrediMail version do you currently have installed?

Which error message do you get when trying to send/receive mail?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Handmaiden » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Version 2.5
Sent/Receive issues resolved. My server does not support IMAP, so adjustments had to be made.
HighJackerC still alive and kicking in the IMInstaller folder. I was assured by Support that by uninstalling version 2 and installing version2.5, it would not be an issue, because Incredibar. etc was not included in the new version. Support then said that having the highjacker has something to do with the auto update feature, that it is a " nuisance" issue, and Incredimail won't change their program. Is this true?

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:06 pm

When saying that 'IncrediMail won't change their program" - which aspect of the program do you refer to exactly?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

Return to “Windows 7”