Malware from IMInstaller

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Malware from IMInstaller

Postby Handmaiden » Sun May 13, 2012 3:09 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
To get rid of MyStart, we had gone to the "safe" google chrome. NOT! Routine maintenance for the last month detected malware from IM Installer, so went back to IE 2 weeks ago. Still getting this malware from IMInstaller.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
We had been using IE/MyStart, but hated the pop-ups/flashing distractions and small text. Switched to Google chrome and that's when the malware and cookies began. Switched back to IE but not to My Start. Most malware disappeared, but not from IM Installer.The malware is called Highjacker. You all insist you're safe. What gives and how do I keep this out of my computer? What is Highjacker?

Please do not tell me to install a newer version, because that will fix this. The last time I was told to do that to fix miniscule text, the newer version just gave a bunch of stuff I didn't want and no fix. I jsut about axed you all after 10 yrs.

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Malware from IMInstaller

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Please enter the link below for detailed instructions on how to change your browser homepage:

http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail ... &lang_id=9
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Handmaiden » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:25 am

The malware is back!!! MyStart removed last June/July via your link. Switched to IE from Google Chrome, but made my homepage google. No malware for 2 months. IMInstaller appears to be independent of MyStart. Is that the case and what is Incredimail doing about the malware, called HiJacker?

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:06 am

Please note that IncrediMail's MyStart is not malware but simply a website that is set as your homepage.

Please click the link below for instructions on how to remove it:

http://www.incredibar.com/uninstall
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Handmaiden » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:26 am

I have been deleting the malware on and off since my last post. It can stop for weeks and then its back.I just checked to see if Incredibar was in my programs. It is not, just Incredimail. My software continues to tell me its Incredibar/ IMInstaller with Hijacker as the malware. It locates in a temp folder, and appears to occur when I open Incredimail to retrieve my email. I do not have MyStart either. What's going on please?

Bellasunshine
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Bellasunshine » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:50 pm

hello there and thank you for your information – I have certainly picked up something new from right here

Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Handmaiden » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 pm

You're welcome. Hopefully Incredimail will address this issue.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Please note that the Incredibar only installs when you update IncrediMail.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Handmaiden » Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Incredimail, you are not helping, just saying what I already know.
I do not have IncrediBar, MyStart, IBUpdater/ Web Assistant listed in my control panel. I deleted IncrediBar and MyStart about a year ago by using add/remove programs per your instructions. I just checked for IBUpdater and that's not there either. I have not updated to any newer version specifically because I didn't want another IncrediBar or MyStart again. I have version2.
The HiJackerC is detected every time I OPEN Incredimail [after logging on] to retrieve/see my email, but it does say IncrediBar
Its in a temp folder and says ImInstaller.I appears to be integrated into IncrediMail itself if everything else is uninstalled. Does that make sense? Take it out of your program.
I want to keep your program, but I want this HiJackerC GONE, please. Your assurances that it is not harmful do not reassure. <Sad Smile>
Thanks so much.

scarycatlady
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby scarycatlady » Sun May 26, 2013 2:47 am

I finally got rid of all of that junk after going to HouseCall, the free online virus scan, then I reinstalled incredimail, an old version, from OldApps.com and now have no more problems. I miss the facebook social connect, and being able to upload pictures from my email, but it was not worth the hassle with the malware. As far as how to remove the mystart homepage, yes, we all know how to reset a home page. But NOTHING gets that stupid mystart search engine to go away, and it is very difficult to get rid of the malware. And saying it is not harmful is ridiculous. It needs to be gone.

Return to “Windows 7”