Cannot import messages

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
IncrediUpset
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Cannot import messages

Postby IncrediUpset » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 am

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Restored computer to factory install. Backed up incredimail using data and settings transfer wizard.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
No error messages.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I recently restored my computer to factory settings. Before doing so I exported my data and settings via the wizard. I now have incredimail reinstalled. I tried importing my data and settings but none of it is showing up in incredimail. I browsed the messages folder User\AppData\Local\IM\Identities and saw that after running the import wizard it simply created a second identities folder within the first identities folder.
I have tried copying the folders directly into a current identity folder. I have tried, uninstalling several times including using the uninstall tool then redoing the data import wizard, importing the messages directly using the import messages function and I have tried basically copying and pasting the files etc.
I can see the message files msg.iml (.inc) in the 'Message Store' folder but I cannot open/view them using incredimail and these emails are very important.
Any suggestions? Is there any way to move those msg.iml files directly to my inbox after setting up a new identity? I have been able to view some of them using MessageViewer (third party prog) so I know the emails are there, but there are so many of them and it isn't always able to view them properly as it is meant for .msg and .eml files. I really need to be able to restore them into incredimail.

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Cannot import messages

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Please note that copying your data to the current data path will not import your data.

To import your data, please copy enter the IM folder with your data in it, copy the Identities folder inside it to your desktop and do the following:

To Import your Address Book:

1. Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Contacts...'.

2. In the 'Import Contacts' dialog, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.

3. Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts.

To import your Messages and Folders:

1. Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Messages...'.

2. In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.

3. Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to finish the Import.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Urbanitas
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Urbanitas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:28 am

Cannot export messages! cant export iml to eml in thunderbird <Sad Smile>

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:35 am

By design, it is not possible to export the IncrediMail messages to another mail client.

However, to save the IncrediMail messages externally, simply click on File > Save As in the top menu of IncrediMail, and save the message as an "eml" file. You can later open these "eml" files using any standard mail client (IncrediMail, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.).

Currently, it is only possible to save one message at a time, not multiple messages or entire folders.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Windows 7”