not standard email in IE

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
incredimailgino
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

not standard email in IE

Postby incredimailgino » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:19 am

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
clean install of new system windows 7 with SSD & SATA drive, using the incredimail tool switching from old to new computer and no error message there, but when I try to click on an e-mail adress in Internet explorer then gives a problem see full description

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
n/a

Please provide a full description of the problem:
When I try to write an e-mail from a site (random) in internet explorer, I get a message that there is no standard e-mail is installed, however, the setting in incredimail states ' incredimail is standard e-mail program' it also states this way in Windows 7
But when I click, about 15 empty internet explorer pages popup and jams the computer, so cannot give error message or copy it, because it completely locks Internet explorer.
Some information what I use (specs : Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 // 111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB ATA Device (SSD) // 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00L4HB0 ATA Device (SATA) // C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin\ImApp.exe // C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

searched all over the internet, but still get b*llsh*t solutions such as,: [i]make sure your incredimail is your standard e-mail account or open your internet options and..
. DONE ALL THAT what I wrote in my message , READ what it says

I am desperate[/i]

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: not standard email in IE

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:00 pm

In order to set IncrediMail as the default email client, please click the following link:

http://www2l.incredimail.com/contents/setup/xml_support/def_im.exe

Click 'Run' in the File Download dialog, click 'Run' again when asked to run the software and follow the instructions in the SupportUtil dialog.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Return to “Windows 7”