No Clock, calendar display box

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
kov5362
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: No Clock, calendar display box

Postby kov5362 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 am

Johnnyboy1823 wrote:Has this problem been addressed? I'm having the same trouble...........my clock and calendar both disappeared. PLease advise.
LittleDude wrote:http://www.filepuma.com/download/adobe_flash_player_ie_20.0.0.228-10319/download/

You will have to uninstall the latest version before installing this version.

Please Note! I have the same problem. Tried to install previous versions of Flash, but Adobe WILL NO longer allow that. The msg says to download the latest version which ends with 267. So. now what?

kov5362
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby kov5362 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:10 am

LittleDude wrote:http://www.filepuma.com/download/adobe_flash_player_ie_20.0.0.228-10319/download/

You will have to uninstall the latest version before installing this version.

FYI...As of this date, 1-2-16, Adobe does not allow to download a previous version of Flash, whether it's through Filepuma, FileHippo, or Adobe. I just went through the whole scenario.

SaraBow
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby SaraBow » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:41 am

Adobe seems to be protecting itself. I tried your link and was told that you can only download from the Adobe site. The link given was the new version. Back to your site, scrolled further down and found downloads for much older versions(17)--still only a year old so I tried a couple of them. Incredimai kept telling me I needed to install (or finish installing?) Flash. I rebooted, still didn't work. I tripped into an Archive of old versions https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... html#Flash Player archives . I have no idea how I got there. They are all zip files and every one I tried would start instaalling once unzupped and then stop with a message saying there was an error in the file and to contact the developer. Well, we know how well that's going to work. <No>

So I've reinstalled the current version. As far as I can tell, it's only the window that's not working. I can access old mail files and I'm receiving e-mails, so I guess I'll wait and see what the powers that be come up with.

BTW does anyone know a Spell Checker that works here? This is the first phpBB that ieSpell hasn't worked in for me.

LittleDude
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby LittleDude » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:13 am

Double-checked my link...works fine in IE and Firefox.
I agree that Adobe does not want you downloading and installing Flash Player from anywhere but their site because of its security flaws.
If you use IE as your browser you really should have the latest version of Flash Player. I use Firefox which uses a version designed for it.
Security experts and hackers are continally finding security flaws in Flash and there is talk that its days are numbered so I don't think Incredimail should be relying on Flash Player.

LittleDude
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby LittleDude » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:44 pm

I just installed Flash Player v20.0.0.270 beta and the clock window works correctly(v20.0.0.267 broke a lot more things than just Incredimail).
So I expect there will be an official update shortly.

SaraBow
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby SaraBow » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:28 am

Same here. I learned one thing out of all of this. I'm sticking to Windows 7 until they get all of their acts together. We thought we had problems! Reading the MS Forum was a scary education. <Sad Smile>

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:42 pm

As this problem should long since be resolved, please update to the latest version Flash Player by doing the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
Note: As IncrediMail uses the flash plugins from Internet Explorer, you must install Flash Player in Internet Explorer. This is regardless of the browser you actually use to access the internet.

2. Click the below link to open the Adobe website:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

3. Click "Install now" to reinstall Adobe Flash Player.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Windows 7”