IM Shuts down after opening - How do I BackUp

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
nunnie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

IM Shuts down after opening - How do I BackUp

Postby nunnie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:12 pm

Hello,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium

IM Build 2670 - I know it is old, but I never could get any of the new ones to work without crashing every few minutes so have stayed with the older version and had no problems until today.

I was right in the middle of answering E:Mail when IM just shut down out of the clear blue sky.

I would restart it and it wouldn't even load completely and shut down again.

I shut off the computer, restarted it, cleaned out all the temporary stuff and cookies.

Tried to load IM again and no matter how many times I tried the same thing happened.

I went on your site and downloaded the FIX file for that. It did no good either.

I use MY IM as my business E:Mail and have got to have it. I am desperate to say the least.

I can not go in and back it up the way you do for a new computer as I can't get IM to stay open long enough to be able to do that.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

If not, is there a way to back up my various folders and in box?

The letters, address book, etc do not matter as they are still on the computer, but how do I save my numerous business messages in the folders. There are a lot of signed contracts in there that I can not afford to lose.

Thank you for any help that you can give me.

Nunnie

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: IM Shuts down after opening - How do I BackUp

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Such performance issues can often be solved by deleting the IncrediMail "Runtime" folder. After deleting the Runtime folder, the folder will be automatically recreated, and your IncrediMail content will once again be saved each time it is used.

To delete the Runtime folder, please run the following executable:
http://www2l.incredimail.com/contents/s ... el_run.exe

When done, open IncrediMail and check the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: IM Shuts down after opening - How do I BackUp

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:18 pm

If the problem continues, I would like you to run the full setup file for IncrediMail and see if that solves the problem.

Please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.0:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

When complete, please restart your computer.

If the problem still continues, I would like you to boot your computer in Safe Mode, which loads Windows with only the necessary drivers, and then try using IncrediMail again.

To boot your Windows in Safe Mode, please do the following:

1. Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.

2. In the Run dialog, enter "msconfig" (without the quotes) and press Enter on your keyboard.

3. In the 'System Configuration' dialog, go to the 'Boot' tab.

4. Under 'Boot Options', select the options "Safe boot" and "Network".

5. In addition, make sure the option "Make all boot settings permanent" is not selected.

6. Click on OK and then restart your computer.

After Windows starts up, open IncrediMail and let me know if the problem continues to occur.

To restore your computer to its normal state, simply restart it once again.

Note: If for some reason you get stuck in Safe Mode, simply open the System Configuration dialog once again, and on the General tab, select the option "Normal Startup". Click on OK and then restart your computer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Windows 7”