Updated Incredimail msgs and accounts gone

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
DavidB
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Updated Incredimail msgs and accounts gone

Postby DavidB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi all. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but...... Had to upgrade Incredimail due to crashes and when I launched it all my different email accounts (hotmail, gmail etc) had vanished as had all my messages. Essentially it wsa as though I was starting from scratch. I heard about a way of importing info from a "data cab" or similar but I am stuck. I did a back up the other day which created a file called "2017-01-29- IncrediBackup - David2.ibk" but when I try to import this, incredimail cannot find it in the folder menu (it's on my desktop). I have paid as a Prmuim member and asked VIP support but they have not got back to me so far. Any idea or help please. Thank you

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Updated Incredimail msgs and accounts gone

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:54 pm

In this case, have you perhaps opened IncrediMail under a new identity ?

To check this, in the top menu of the main IncrediMail window, please click on Tools > Switch Identity and see if you are able to switch back to the original identity.

If only the current identity is listed (or the other identities are also empty), to manually import the messages and contacts from the backup, please do the following:

First, please download the WinRAR application at:
http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-64-bit/ ... 65579.html

After that...

1. Change the suffix in the filename from "ibk" to "zip" (thus converting the backup to a standard zip file).

2. Right-click on the backup file and select "Extract to ..." (whatever the name is).

3. Go into the newly created folder and copy the "Identities" folder to your Desktop.

4. Open IncrediMail, click on File > Import and Export > Import Messages.

5. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail" and click Next.

6. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

7. Select the option "All Folders". Click on Next.

8. When complete, click on Finish.

9. In the main IncrediMail window, click on File > Import and Export > Import Contacts.

10. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail Address Book" and con Next.

11. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

12. When complete, click on Finish.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Windows 7”