Data & Settings Transfer

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
NSBooklady
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Data & Settings Transfer

Postby NSBooklady » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:57 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: IncrediMail 2
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
A fresh install of IncrediMail 2.0 on a Windows 7 system followed by trying to import data and settings from a dead HD.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Import Failed

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I had a HD crash on my Vista system which is what I had Xe installed on. Fortunately, or so I thought, I transferred the data and settings from that computer before it crashed. The data seems to be in tact but the import keeps failing on me. I am not sure if it's an issue with Vista versus Windows 7 or Xe versus IncrediMail 2 but I would REALLY like to be able to import everything without having to do so manually as I'm now doing. I actually tried to install Xe and import into that THEN replace it with IncrediMail 2 but it seems that Xe doesn't want to run on Windows 7 system no matter what compatibility settings I use.

Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated.

metroke
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Data & Settings Transfer

Postby metroke » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:36 am

Did you make a data back up of incredimail ?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:23 am

You will have to import your data manually, any other way will cause data corruption. To import your email messages and folders, do the following:

1) Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import an Export' and select 'Import Messages'.

2) In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.

3) Click 'Select Folder' and browse to your old data folder to import your old email messages (make sure to select the 'Message Store' folder).
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

NSBooklady
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby NSBooklady » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:29 pm

IncrediModerator wrote:You will have to import your data manually, any other way will cause data corruption. To import your email messages and folders, do the following:

1) Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import an Export' and select 'Import Messages'.

3) Click 'Select Folder' and browse to your old data folder to import your old email messages (make sure to select the 'Message Store' folder).

Sorry. I thought I had set myself to receive notice when a reply was posted. Apparently I didn't.

It wasn't the messages I was as concerned about. It was the data (letters, images, sounds, etc.). It was a LOT of work to manually import them but I did. I think it'[s possible the export from the older version of IncrediMail isn't importable into IM2. Not sure.

Now I'm unable to export at all! (see newer thread)

mom2rescues
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby mom2rescues » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:22 am

I'm trying to do the Data Transfer from my Vista PC which had HD issues to my new PC with Windows 7 & the export part works fine but when I do the import part on the new pc & browse for the file its not there .. I've tried every which way for the past 3 hrs & nothing even tried to copy it to a disk which I though you could do but no dice... I've got emails on the old PC & some folders with emails in them I am trying to transfer but no dice.. I thought when I did the Incredimail download on the new PC it would bring everything over but it only brought over the contacts which I had already created a file for to do the import & guess I didn't need...

any help on getting my emails & folders from my other PC transferred over ? going tomorrow to buy a Easy Transfer Cable to see if that will work.. emoticon-0122-itwasntme

mom2rescues
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby mom2rescues » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:40 pm

NSBooklady wrote:
IncrediModerator wrote:You will have to import your data manually, any other way will cause data corruption. To import your email messages and folders, do the following:

Sorry. I thought I had set myself to receive notice when a reply was posted. Apparently I didn't.

It wasn't the messages I was as concerned about. It was the data (letters, images, sounds, etc.). It was a LOT of work to manually import them but I did. I think it'[s possible the export from the older version of IncrediMail isn't importable into IM2. Not sure.

Now I'm unable to export at all! (see newer thread)

I finally got the Import Data & Settings to work yesterday.. I had gone onto my old pc with Vista OS (HD going bad) & did the Export Data & Settings function & created the necessary file but then when I went on my new pc with Windows 7 to do the Import Data & Settings side & clicked on the browse button to look for the file it wasn't there only the files that were currently on the new Windows 7 pc were there very puzzling & tried that several times.. I went out and bought the Easy Transfer Cable set that Windows 7 uses to transfer all settings & data from the old pc to the Windows 7 pc & after I did that transfer that IM Export Data & Settings file came with it in my docs so I just opened IM on the Windows 7 pc & did the Import Data function again & voila the Export file was there to select & proceed with the data transfer..
If I had known how simple & easy that Easy Transfer Cable function was I would have saved myself the time of transferring all of my info to discs because the transfer cable did all of that work for me for a mere 37.00 & 30 minutes of work .. Could have saved the cost & aggravation of trying Carbonite too that didn't work for me in the end but now so far all is well.. hope all of that makes sense.. I also use FireFox 3.5.. emoticon-0140-rofl

MariusGr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby MariusGr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:32 am

Hi,

My Incredimail crashed altogethere although I suspect some other cause. I am reloading my whole PC. <Devil> <Surprised>
Is there a way to transfer the data manually so that it can be "loaded over" onto the "new" PC?

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:21 pm

If you have access to the data which was on your hard drive, you can copy it from the old hard drive in the following path:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\IM

Windows Vista/7/8 - C:\Users\Profile User\AppData\Local\IM

* Copy the 'Identities' folder to your new computer's Desktop.

Now, to import your Address Book:

**1.** Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Contacts...'.

**2.** In the 'Import Contacts' dialog, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.

**3.** Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts.

To import your Messages and Folders:

**1.** Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Messages...'.

**2.** In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.

**3.** Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to finish the Import.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

Return to “Windows 7”