VBscript Issue when trying to install IncrediMail 2

Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
ElegantBows
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

VBscript Issue when trying to install IncrediMail 2

Postby ElegantBows » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:21 am

Your IncrediMail Version: Was XE
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Everything that was suggested!

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
VBscript error

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I found the fix to this today ! Your tech mentioned to me that the vbscript error was due to Mcafee when it is uninstalled! I did a search and found this

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/For ... d9a?ppud=4

Near the bottom, someone gives a direct link to the Mcafee cleaner (although if one felt more comfortable,they could go though the Mcafee home page, to get it) That link goes directly to the download.

I download it, ran it, restarted the computer and with in seconds, I was able to install IM 2 ~ and it is running flawlessly! .

I have sent this info to tech support and thanked them for the "CLUE" they gave me in their last support email about this being brought on by Mcafee ! It came pre installed on the computer when I bought it and for *obvious reasons, as we can now see, I stopped using it a few years ago, so I immediately uninstalled it! I use Avast! One of the reasons I had stopped using Mcafee was due to its frequent bad data deliveries which then had to be re-delivered ! It stopped being smooth! After this, I am now solidified in that decision!

For those of you who have tried all the other solutions...........and they did not work on your 64 bit Win7 computers..........and who *HAD* Mcafee, but un-installed it/removed it .............try running the Mcaffe cleaner!

This explains to me also, why some are not having issue and some are. Some, probably are still using Mcafee, or it is still on their computer, so they do not have the Vbscript issue. Apparently the vbscript dll works OK, if Mcafee is still on the computer!

Anyway, I am in hopes that this will fix all the computers for those of you who are pulling out your hair like I was, and on whose computers all the other fixes did not work! Happy computing !
Last edited by ElegantBows on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: VBscript Issue when trying to install IncrediMail 2

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:12 am

I'm glad that your problem was solved. I have set your topic as a Sticky.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:16 am

Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

waff
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby waff » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:05 pm

I have a new pc with windows 7 home, 64bit preinstalled. So no way to reinstall it since I don't have the software or keys.
Any update was ok
office, tools, what ever I need but not Incredimail
also this error about vbscript
Any solution in the internet did not helped.
Either I don't have this HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID key not
I have re-run the regsvr32 command in 32bit as also in syswow64 - no result
still this error.

I don't think the solution can be to reinstall a working windows 7 system if any other application is running without problems.
I have microsoft security essential as virus scan so mac affee can't be the issue either. I have it removed since there was a trail installation also.

Any help would be great. I can't use this new pc until incredimail is working.

P.S. I am VIP member also but hard to send a vip mail out of a not installed incredimail...

Thanks
Waff

Vulcan219
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Vulcan219 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:17 pm

waff wrote:I have a new pc with windows 7 home, 64bit preinstalled. So no way to reinstall it since I don't have the software or keys.
Any update was ok
office, tools, what ever I need but not Incredimail
also this error about vbscript
Any solution in the internet did not helped.
Either I don't have this HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID key not
I have re-run the regsvr32 command in 32bit as also in syswow64 - no result
still this error.

I don't think the solution can be to reinstall a working windows 7 system if any other application is running without problems.
I have microsoft security essential as virus scan so mac affee can't be the issue either. I have it removed since there was a trail installation also.

Any help would be great. I can't use this new pc until incredimail is working.

P.S. I am VIP member also but hard to send a vip mail out of a not installed incredimail...

Thanks
Waff

I am having the exact same problem as you, and the exact same window setup with security essentials on it, And none of the advice here is helping at all.k I have never installed McAfee on my system, so the McAfee fix doesn't work, I did the command line fix for the vbscript and jscript, and nothing, I am a premium user of the previous version of Incredimail and know that version isn't compatible with Windows 7, and so far this version seems to be the same compatability as the old version, So how do we fix this so I can access my data cab and get my info back on an Incredimail?

I am using Firefox 3.6, and Internet Explorer 8, and no matter what browser I use, the result is the same, It will not download and install.

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:13 pm

This issue is not related to IncrediMail. From our tests, removal of an application on the operating system (most likely Mcafee) causes an issue with VB Script installations.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a solution to the issue you are experiencing. As the source is believed to be in your system files and not with IncrediMail, we cannot help you further.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

dobara
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby dobara » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Near the bottom, someone gives a direct link to the Mcafee cleaner (although if one felt more comfortable,they could go though the Mcafee home page, to get it) That link goes directly to the download.
"StewarD"

birthday622
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby birthday622 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:40 am

I have the same problem.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Please send me a screenshot of the problem you encounter and give a short description of the problem. To create the screenshot, please click here:

http://www2.incredimail.com/contents/setup/xml_support/IncrediScreenshot.exe

Click 'Run' and when the file download completes, click 'Run' again

When you see the problem on your computer screen again, click the 'Make Screenshot' in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Close the IncrediMail Screenshot Creator and attach the 'IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.jpg' file created on your Desktop to your reply.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

pasbanfsd001
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby pasbanfsd001 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 am

For those of you who have tried all the other solutions...........and they did not work on your 64 bit Win7 computers..........and who *HAD* Mcafee, but un-installed it/removed it .............try running the Mcaffe cleaner!

This explains to me also, why some are not having issue and some are. Some, probably are still using Mcafee, or it is still on their computer, so they do not have the Vbscript issue. Apparently the vbscript dll works OK, if Mcafee is still on the computer!

Farasat

Return to “Windows 7”