Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
Bren99
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Data Transfer failure

Postby Bren99 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm

I have been having problems with incredimail for a while now so I tired upgrading from the website. The upgrade failed with the message "The programme can't start because IMHttpComm.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing to fix this problem".

I used the "Files and Settings Data Transfer wizard and saved to an external hard drive. Uninstalled Incredimail then re-installed it. I ran the wizard again and the only folders I have now are Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items and Deleted Items.

None of my subfolders have been transferred back and I have a lot of information saved in those folders. How can I get these back??

Thanks

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Data Transfer failure

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:26 pm

In this case, all of the previous folders should be listed under "On my computer" at the bottom of the left panel in the main IncrediMail window.

If the "On my computer" is not displayed, simply right-click on the empty space at the bottom of the left panel, select the option "New Folder", and the "On my computer" should then be displayed with the previous folders placed underneath.

If the previous folders are still not displayed, to manually import the messages and folders, please do the following:

1. Download the WinRAR application at:
http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-64-bit/ ... 65579.html

2. In File Explorer, copy the "IncrediMail Transferred Data" folder to your Desktop.

3. Open the "IncrediMail Transferred Data" folder now contained on your Desktop, right-click on the "IncrediMail Data.cab" file, and select the option "Extract Here". Depending on the size of your files, the extraction may take a few moments.

4. Open IncrediMail, click on File > Import and Export > Import Messages.

5. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail" and click Next.

6. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder contained in the "IncrediMail Transferred Data" folder on your Desktop. Click on Next.

7. Select the option "All Folders". Click on Next.

8. When complete, click on Finish.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

linny40
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby linny40 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:29 pm

I have just had a similar problem tried to update and reinstall and in installed a different version so i lost everything.

I then went into system restore and restored my pc back to before i touched IncrediMail. Everything is now back to normal. Plus so far i have not had the issue of IM keep crashing.

To me that was an easier solution that doing all of the above. hope you sorted it.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:12 pm

As performing a system restore will erase all of the recent updates in Windows, we only recommend doing so as a last resort.

We appreciate your feedback :-)
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Download & Installation”