BBSpinoni
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

HELP Dead in the water after 2.5 install

Postby BBSpinoni » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: No idea - it won't open
Your Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Upgraded to newest 2.5

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 00000048
Faulting Offset: 000031E7
Module: ImDbU.dll

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Up until the upgrade everything has been working. I went to the 'About Incredimail' and selected 'check for updates'. It came back and said there was an update and that I should update, so I did. While it ran (I saw the updating images) I went off and did other things. When I came back there wasn't anything there, no completion messages. I tried to start up Incredimail. It tried to start up, with the opening 'welcome' voice and then I get this error message in a pop up: Incredimail has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the Inconvenience. The Crash Details are: Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 00000048
Faulting Offset: 000031E7
Module: ImDbU.dll

I can see all of my incredimail files/data in the data folder just need to know what to do to get Incredimail working AND attached to my old data. I am on Premium and Lifetime Gold.

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: HELP Dead in the water after 2.5 install

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:46 am

User replied in PM.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

BBSpinoni
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby BBSpinoni » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 am

Still waiting for help. I sent you my email address. Let me know if I need to resend it. Thank you.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:09 am

I have sent you another email reply, please reply to it with the requested information.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

fenwinkel
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby fenwinkel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Good luck! I've been waiting since September 5 for a reply to fix my uninstall/install problem. Screen freezes and I can't write or reply. I must reboot to see my incoming emails. Then I must go to another email program to reply or write a new email. Uninstalled many times, installed many times...problem persists. I'm very unhappy with the total lack of service.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:27 am

I am unable to see a post in the forum regarding the issue you have mentioned - please open a new post with a description of the problem and we will do our best to assist you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

BBSpinoni
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby BBSpinoni » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:54 pm

I am the original poster of this problem. The last email I received from Maria a week ago was to create a new identity in Incredimail application. I CAN'T GET INTO THE PROGRAM!!! That IS the problem. I cannot believe a month of wasted time came down to someone telling me open the application I cannot open. I only received help (email) once a week for something to try, which I have done.

I have been a user AND promoter of Incredimail for 15 to 20 yrs. And this is the service you provide. Unbelievable.

What I want to know how to do is to access my old data/emails when I remove and reinstall Incredimail.

It appears that Incredimail support does not have the knowledge that is needed - is there anyone out there that can help with this? I need to get to my emails.

I have been patient but now frustrated beyond belief.

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42 pm

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and have replied to your message via PM.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

BBSpinoni
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby BBSpinoni » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 am

(Also sent in a PM)

First, I removed Incredimail via the control panel. Next, I installed IM 2.5. I received the same error pop up. I removed IM again via the control panel and rebooted my PC. I tried to install IM 2.5 and received the same pop up error. I removed IM via the control panel a third time. Next I installed IM 2.0. This worked, sort of. IM actually opened up. I could change skins. Emails were visible from March 2012 and back. I could see emails that I put in personal folders that were received since March 2012, but the data would not display. I then tried to upgrade to IM 2.5 from IM 2.0, but received the same pop up error. I now have IM 2.0 installed, but it is not usable. The program says it is receiving emails, but they are not visible in IM 2.0. I can create an email and 'send' it, but it does not go into the IM 2.0 outbox and it does not get sent. My guess is that in the IM data folder the 2.5 folders are still there, with my emails from March 2012 forward, and those folders are receiving the emails but because I am on IM 2.0 and not IM 2.5 I cannot access them.

I cannot send or receive emails, nor can I see my emails (which I desperately need) from March 2012 to Sept 2nd (when the upgrade failed).

debrascott
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby debrascott » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi, I have the same issue since I upgraded to 2.5 and I uninstalled it and went back to 2.0. I still get the this error no matter what I do now. It appears that the file extension *.ima* is not associated with incredimail. This file is required by incredimail to work properly. Would you like to make it associated with incredimail." This is message is repeated ims,imn,imi,imw, imf,imk and ime. I can't even backup my data now, this his horrible and I have had IM for about 10 years also with no one responding to me either. I even have the backup program they offer and that does not work either. I'm dead in the water also. <Devil>

Return to “Download & Installation”