budcam
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Corrupted CAB file????

Postby budcam » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.5 Build ID: 6605239
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Exported Data & Settings... re-imaged computer, then tried to import CAB file!

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I needed to re-image my computer today for an unrelated network issue. I performed the export data & settings as I have done many times before without a hitch.

My export was successful but after I re-imaged the computer and installed Incredimail 2.5 again. My import of the data & settings went through the process and was successful.
I noticed that it did not change to my licensed version like it had done in the past. I also noticed that my folders, emails, email accounts, etc... did not show up after the Incredimail restart.
I did the import many times, reinstalled Incredimail many times.

Somehow I finally got the folders and accounts to show up... the email receive window was also populated with the email headers. My problem is that I don't get the message body, images or attachments. So I can not view the actual email.

Is there anything I can do? Anyone know what the problem may be? I really need some of these emails!

Thanks

Budcam

budcam
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Corrupted CAB file????

Postby budcam » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Solved the problem...

I followed another post's instructions to extract the cab file. I used 7-zip to do this.

In order to retrieve your IncrediMail data, please do the following:

1) Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon (near the computer clock) and select 'Exit'.

2) Double-click the 'IncrediMail Data.cab' file.

3) Click 'Extract' to open the 'Browse' dialog and browse to the following path:

C:\Users\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\AppData\Local\IM\Identities

Click the 'Extract' button, located in the 'Browse' dialog.

4) Browse to the following location:

C:\Users\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\AppData\Local\IM\Identities

Double-click the 'ImDataProfile.reg' file. When asked, click 'Yes'.

Open IncrediMail and you will see all your former IncrediMail email and contacts.

Please note that only IncrediMail 2 is fully compatible with Windows 7.

I followed these instructions and I still didn't have my emails and folders back. I was wondering if it didn't work because I was using version 2.5 as the post was 2 years old! I had found that the ImDataProfile.reg was in "C:\Users\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\AppData\Local\IM\Identities\Identities" and not just one level of "Identities". I moved everything in this secondary "Identities" folder to the main "Identities" folder level. Removed the secondary "Identities" folder and all its sub folders. Double-clicked the 'ImDataProfile.reg' file again as when it was in the secondary spot it did not register properly. At this time I also noticed another file called "ImContentProfile.reg", I decided to double click on this also... never have seen this one mentioned in other posts but looked like something that needed to be registered. After doing all this, I opened Incredimail and everything was back to normal. Thank Goodness!

Perhaps this will help someone else down the road... or me the next time I have to re-image the computer!

Budcam

Return to “Download & Installation”