Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
bilco
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: WINDOWS 10

Postby bilco » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:08 am

I have Incredimail 2.5. I installed Windows 10 five days ago and haven't had any problems. I am using the Firefox browser as I was disappointed with Microsoft Edge. It didn't have all the bells and whistles FireFox has. I have start Menu Pro installed and can't tell much difference from 8.1 other than the hidden capabilities.

tbnorris
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby tbnorris » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:21 pm

I have Win 10 & use Firefox, can't stand MS Edge. I just purchased & installed Incredimail Plus on windows 10 Pro 64bit and when I try to open I get an error message of "Invalid Argument was encountered". The the only way I can close that is by using task manager. I run the compatibility troubleshooter and tried Win 8 & Win 7 compatibility which did not work. Details are give that the program is incompatible with windows 10. As for which version of Incredimail I have I can't tell as it won't open. I have used it before on earlier windows versions but lost it on a crash and didn't re install on win 8.1. I upgraded to Win 10 and now can't get it to work after install. re installed and still does the same thing.. The IncrediMail website says it is compatible with Win 10, well not for me!

IncrediAdmin
Site owner
Site owner

Postby IncrediAdmin » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:48 am

Please note that IncrediMail should work correctly with Windows 10.

Simply browse to this link to install the latest IncrediMail 2.5 version via our full setup file - http://www.incredimail.com/download
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

jr2913
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Windows 10

Postby jr2913 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:51 pm

I have Incredimail installed on two computers running Windows 10. One has (had) version 2.5 the other version 2. They have both been working fine until today when the one running 2.5 just stopped working. I have uninstalled 2.5 and installed 2 but the same thing keeps happening - when I can get the software to start up the program loads the first time I use it after install, displays the inbox correctly then crashes and comes up with a box stating Windows has found a problem. I then can't start it up again. What is particularly annoying, though, is that the Tray application is still working and picking up that there are new emails. Interestingly both machines did Windows 10 updates yesterday evening!

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:12 pm

To further address this issue, I would like you to try uninstalling and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.5.

As the uninstall script only removes the exe/dll files, your existing data and settings should not be affected.

Note: Please copy and paste the following instructions into Notepad or Word, as the message will no longer be visible after uninstalling IncrediMail.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, right-click on "IncrediMail 2.5" and select "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.5:
http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup ... lSetup.exe

When done, open IncrediMail and check the results.

If the problem continues, I would like you to boot your computer in Safe Mode, which loads Windows with only the necessary drivers, and then try using IncrediMail again.

To boot your Windows in Safe Mode, please do the following:

1. Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.

2. In the Run dialog, enter "msconfig" (without the quotes) and press Enter on your keyboard.

3. In the 'System Configuration' dialog, go to the 'Boot' tab.

4. Under 'Boot Options', select the options "Safe boot" and "Network".

5. In addition, make sure the option "Make all boot settings permanent" is not selected.

6. Click on OK and then restart your computer.

After Windows starts up, open IncrediMail and let me know if the problem continues to occur.

To restore your computer to its normal state, simply restart it once again.

Note: If for some reason you get stuck in Safe Mode, simply open the System Configuration dialog once again, and on the General tab, select the option "Normal Startup". Click on OK and then restart your computer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

jc1022000
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jc1022000 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:23 am

I have tried what you suggested to no joy, windows 10 keeps saying it has caused an error and must close, I went into things and it comes up in Troubleshoot the pc that Incredimail 2.5 is not compatible with windows 10, someone is telling porky's,so you can gather that I am really getting pissed off with haveing to reinstall incredimail at least 4 times a day to be able to get my emails. <Devil>

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:09 pm

Apparently, the latest Windows update has adversely affected the opening of the IncrediMail application.

Our developers have been made aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

In the meantime, please click on “Close Program” when receiving the error message, and then click on the IncrediMail icon near the Windows clock to launch the IncrediMail application.

You may need to perform the above procedure a few times before the IncrediMail application eventually opens.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

ProFumi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby ProFumi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:57 am

I have uninstalled the Windows 10 Update and now its working fine but i am not happy with this. Why is Incredimail not developing a new version a whole new Incredimail 3.0 with new Futures and stuff if we have to pay for Incredimail we want more developing.

crumble
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby crumble » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:35 pm

Hope I'm on the right topic here. My crash details start with... Exception: BREAKPOINT (80000003) Faulting Offset: 001382E2 Module: KERNELBASE.dll

I cannot get past the "encountered problem" screen in spite of following the advice to keep trying relaunching. I'm using Windows 10 and Incredimail 2.

What else can I try?

FamousMarcel
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby FamousMarcel » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:09 am

I have the same problem.
It's works fine until yesterday, and i had instal the update from windows weks ago.

I think that im going too say goodbye to incredimail,
if im reading how long the problem is, and still no solution..
thats not right.
I cannot about my email.

I have tried all the things here are saying..
But after opening 10 times incredimail, i have again and again the problem.

Return to “Download & Installation”