Please help me get 2.5 off my computer completely!

Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
SherriJones
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Please help me get 2.5 off my computer completely!

Postby SherriJones » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:01 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Uninstalled the IM 2.5 software.
Rebooted my computer.
Deleted all files in C:\Users\Sh____\AppData\Local\IM
Tried to install earlier version IM 2.0

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have been using Incredimail for about 15 years now. (give or take) I have always loved everything about it, BUT, a couple of months ago I was foolish enough to upgrade to the new 2.5 version and I hate EVERYTHING about it in every way possible and I want it off my computer. I have tried to uninstall it at the risk of losing everything, but that's how desperate and determined I am. I rebooted my computer afterwards and I seen that the local files were still there so I deleted the C:\Users\Sh____\AppData\Local\IM directory all together and tried to install the earlier 2.0 version to get back to where I was when I was happy, BUT, now it just keeps putting me back to IM 2.5. I've tried to uninstall this thing 3 times and install the earlier version but it's continuously trying to put 2.5 back on my computer. How on earth do I get this awful 2.5 off my computer completely and get back to 2.0? PLEASE HELP! I don't care what settings and content I lose in the process. No offense to the Incredimail staff, but this 2.5 is a total disaster and doesn't work right, on top of which, some of the features don't work and I do not want my gmail accounts loaded TWICE and as IMAP no less. I didn't ask for that, I didn't choose that setting and I don't want it. I need this off my computer or I'm going to have to reluctantly switch to another email program all together. <Sad Smile> This is just an awful nightmare.

Thank you so much,
Sherri Jones

dag1167
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Please help me get 2.5 off my computer completely!

Postby dag1167 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:33 pm

You are very correct when you say that 2.5 is a disaster. I agree totally. I have saved all of my data settings so that I could load the email onto another computer. What a mess! I seem to have lost all of my folders. I have searched the internet for version 2.0 and have downloaded what stated to be version 2.0 but everytime I run it I find 2.5. TERRIBLE <Sad Smile>

Return to “Download & Installation”