Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
cdimfo1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

losing data on uninstall

Postby cdimfo1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi all,

Each time I try to use IM I get a windows message saying it's not responding (although it still tells me when new mail arrives). I can't get past this message to read or send or ask for help!

I've done a reinstall but that changes nothing.

My next step is to uninstall and then reinstall. My question is will doing this retain or lose all my stored data - contacts, mails and so on?

If it will, is there a way to save all that data without being able to use any IM features? can I copy files and save for pasting afterwards?

Cheers,

Charles

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: losing data on uninstall

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:55 pm

To address this issue, I would like you to boot your computer in Safe Mode, which loads Windows with only the necessary drivers, and then try using IncrediMail again.

To boot your Windows in Safe Mode, please do the following:

1. Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.

2. In the Run dialog, enter "msconfig" (without the quotes) and press Enter on your keyboard.

3. In the 'System Configuration' dialog, go to the 'Boot' tab.

4. Under 'Boot Options', select the options "Safe boot" and "Network".

5. In addition, make sure the option "Make all boot settings permanent" is not selected.

6. Click on OK and then restart your computer.

After Windows starts up, open IncrediMail and let me know if the problem continues to occur.

To restore your computer to its normal state, simply restart it once again.

Note: If for some reason you get stuck in Safe Mode, simply open the System Configuration dialog once again, and on the General tab, select the option "Normal Startup". Click on OK and then restart your computer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Download & Installation”