Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Incredimail 2.0/2.5 Download Version from 18.6.2013

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:48 pm

In this case, you can try uninstalling IncrediMail 2.5 and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.0.

However, please be aware that any email messages you sent/received after installing IncrediMail 2.5 will be unreadable, as IncrediMail 2.0 uses an older file format and will not be able to recognize them.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Settings > System > Apps and features, select "IncrediMail 2.5" and click on "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.0:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

After that, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, remove all existing accounts, and then add it/them once again.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Osiride80
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Osiride80 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi all,

about issue reguarding Incredimail 2.5 Installation over version 2.0, today was the first time I upgraded my Incredimail 2.0 and I was afraid to lose my email masseges, cause list of these went till 2017 and today with latest send/receive operation, but afer upgrade to 2.5, my messages went till 2011?!? Very few messages, email account lost, email rules lost, custom folders lost, ans so on!!! A real disaster, cause a person can want to save important messages in a custom folder or wants to keep same messages in inbox folder saved.

This problem is very very big... an upgrade doesn't must erase any data from pc, moreover I didn't see any message about a possible problem related to the installation of the new incredimail version... serious!!!

Fortunately, no messages are deleted from the pc, but the created situation after upgrade frightened me. Even more fortunately, the issue it happened to me, IT and programmer... so I tried to solve that one.

No messages are deleted indeed; the personal content with all settings, (account, rules, custom folder ad so on) is stored in "%appdata%\Local\\IM\Identities". In that path ther's a folder with a random name that contains all of our IncrediMail settings and messages.

It was enough to uninstall Incredimail 2.5 and reinstall version 2.0 to get back all messages and personal settings as before.

Another problem I noticed in Increimail 2.5 is:
When create a new folder, is created a named "recycle bin" folder containing a folder named "new foder" (I'm Italian, so in my language was: "Cestino" that contains "nuova cartella"). It's possible to delete new folder, but no way to delete recycle bin!!!

It was so important for me to say these thing, cause new version of Incredimail has huge bugs, fortunately solvable with reinstallation of Incredimail 2.0, but about mantioned bugs, I invite Incredimail team to correct these one and retire the installation/upgrade setup from your site or advise users on a risks of upgrade.

I found full setup of IndrediMail 2.0 at this link: http://www1.incredimail.com/italian/download/?oldurl=download.asp, and I pray Incredimail team to make available this setup directly fron you site, cause to find this I have to make a search via goole.

I hope to have been useful to everyone.

Osiride80

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Please note that the only real difference between IncrediMail 2.5 and IncrediMail 2.0 is that IncrediMail 2.5 supports the IMAP protocol, while IncrediMail 2.0 only supports POP3.

If your mail provider does not require an IMAP connection, there is no reason to upgrade.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Download & Installation”