Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
ooshka
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Installation 2.5

Postby ooshka » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:48 am

Hello, I have downloaded the latest Incredimail 2.5....and in doing so all my folders and all latest email have gone. I am running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. I did think about unstalling then reinstalling but am afraid I may lose all my important folders. Please help ooshka

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Installation 2.5

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:30 am

In this case, all of the previous folders should be listed under "On my computer" at the bottom of the left panel in the main IncrediMail window.

If the "On my computer" is not displayed, simply right-click on the empty space at the bottom of the left panel, select the option "New Folder", and the "On my computer" should then be displayed with the previous folders placed underneath.

If the previous folders are still not displayed, to re-import the messages and folders, please do the following:

1. Exit the IncrediMail application by right-clicking on the icon in your Windows taskbar and selecting "Exit".

2. In Windows/File Explorer, browse to the following path:
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\IM

Note: YOURUSER refers to your actual Windows user. As the "AppData" folder may sometimes be hidden, for instructions on how to show hidden files and folders in Windows, please refer to the Microsoft article at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... dden-files

3. Copy the "Identities" folder to your Desktop.

4. Open IncrediMail, click on File > Import and Export > Import Messages.

5. In the pop-up window, select "IncrediMail" and click on Next.

6. Click "Select Folder" and browse to the "Identities" folder located on your Desktop. Click on Next.

7. Select the option "All Folders". Click on Next.

8. When complete, click on Finish.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

tessi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby tessi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Hallo,
how I can make a deinstallation from IM 2.5. I use Windows 10.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:36 pm

In this case, you can try uninstalling IncrediMail 2.5 and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.0.

However, please be aware that any email messages you sent/received after installing IncrediMail 2.5 will be unreadable, as IncrediMail 2.0 uses an older file format and will not be able to recognize them.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Settings > System > Apps and features, select "IncrediMail 2.5" and click on "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.0:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

After that, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, remove all existing accounts, and then add it/them once again.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Download & Installation”