Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
George1234
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Invalid argument was encountered

Postby George1234 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:58 pm

Ive used incredimail for years and I'm trying to download and install incredimail on my laptop with windows 7 professional.

I keep getting a message saying "An invalid argument was encountered" after installation and after the opening screen of choosing "Male" "Female" and Country eg "United Kingdom". Then it wont close at all i have to go into start task manager and remove it from the procesess.

Have un-installed and re-installed a few times but does the same thing every time.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong at all?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Invalid argument was encountered

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Hello,

To address this issue, first save the installation file to your computer, then right-click on the file and select the option "Run as administrator".

If the problem continues, temporarily disable your anti-virus software and then run the installation, as the anti-virus may be preventing the completion of the installation.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

JMLG
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby JMLG » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:55 pm

I am having this problem also. I followed your instructions and still get the same error.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:58 pm

In this case, it's possible the issue you encountered is because another program installed on your computer is conflicting with IncrediMail.

Therefore, please disable all of the startup programs in Windows as instructed in the online article at:
http://www.groovypost.com/howto/disable ... indows-10/

After that, please restart your computer and then try running the IncrediMail installation.

Note: This will merely disable the automatic startup of the application when restarting your computer. You will still be able to manually launch the applications from the Start menu (or Windows 10 equivalent).

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Return to “Download & Installation”