Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
jantarstormtrooper
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

where can I download Incredimail 2

Postby jantarstormtrooper » Thu May 18, 2017 2:36 pm

<Sad Smile> After looking all over the Incredimail web site for Incredimail 2 (NOT 2.5) without success I hope this may help me.
I have just re-loaded my Windows 7 and now cannot find a download for Incredimail 2 that will install. All I have tried once downloaded and then started to install inform me that it cannot proceed because it does not contain the .exe2 command or similar.
Please....Where can I download Incredimail 2 that installs correctly?
Note....I do not want Incredimail 2.5 because it is not to my liking.
Kind regards
RJ

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: where can I download Incredimail 2

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu May 18, 2017 4:30 pm

In this case, you can try uninstalling IncrediMail 2.5 and then reinstalling IncrediMail 2.0.

However, please be aware that any email messages you sent/received after installing IncrediMail 2.5 will be unreadable, as IncrediMail 2.0 uses an older file format and will not be able to recognize them.

To uninstall IncrediMail 2.5, please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, right-click on "IncrediMail 2.5" and select "Uninstall".

After the uninstall completes, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.0:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

After that, please click on Tools > Email Accounts, remove all existing accounts, and then add it/them once again.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

jantarstormtrooper
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jantarstormtrooper » Sat May 20, 2017 10:07 am

Hi,
I have done all you had advised and after installing Incredimail2 from the link you gave me onto a brand new hard drive onto which Win7 had been installed and activated the same problem prevailed.
The SMTP address Incredimail had entered was submit.invitel.hu.
I changed this as instructed but the same error notice appeared as before; that "Hmm, something has gone wrong etc and to try again".
Obviously by the many attempts I have now made to have Incredimail work there must be an inherent problem with the download link you had provided.
The only working version of Incredimail 2 I have tried is on a very old laptop belonging to a friend; the SMTP address on that is "mail.gmail.com" and my usual email address works correctly on that. Does that show where the problem lies?
Why is there not a direct download link for all versions on the website Homepage of Incredimail as there are for all of the other program program providers I have installed programs from?
The latest version 2.5 was so overloaded with sections I will not use that will never use 2.5.
I have also tried the same procedure now on all of my 3 laptops and all with the same results and error messages.
Is there another download link I can try or a CD that I can buy with the program on it?
Regards
Ray

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun May 21, 2017 11:04 am

In this case, the problem is with your email account settings, not the version of IncrediMail.

Therefore, I would like you to test your email account settings in Mozilla Thunderbird as instructed at http://support.incredimail.com/entries/ ... ail-client, and see if you are indeed able to send/receive messages from that email account.

Note: By accessing your mailbox via webmail, you are bypassing all security restrictions on your account, and thus does not help us in troubleshooting the problem.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun May 21, 2017 11:04 am

To download Mozilla Thunderbird, please go to:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/