Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
hailkingsombra
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Error opening installation log file. Windows 10

Postby hailkingsombra » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:07 am

Hello all. I hope someone can help me. At one point I had Incredimail 2 installed and working fine. Then I had some problems on my desktop that forced me to uninstall any new programs. Now when I try to reinstall Incredimail, I get this error, "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable."

Here are the stats on my system:
PC, Windows 10
Incredimail 2

I have tried disabling my antivirus before installing, deleting existing reg files referring to Incredimail and going into safe mode w/networking. The Microsoft Help Desk had no helpful ideas either. Nothing is working. Any suggestions?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Error opening installation log file. Windows 10

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:13 pm

In this case, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.0:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

If the problem continues, first save the above executable to your computer, then right-click on the file and select the option "Run as administrator".

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

hailkingsombra
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby hailkingsombra » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Doesn't work either way. Even when I run it as administrator, I still get this error: "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable."

IncrediModerator wrote:In this case, please run the following executable to install the latest build of IncrediMail 2.0:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

If the problem continues, first save the above executable to your computer, then right-click on the file and select the option "Run as administrator".

Please let me know the results.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:15 am

In this case, please try installing the application using the Windows install/uninstall tool available on the Microsoft website at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... or-removed

If you still encounter difficulties, I can only suggest that you format your computer and then try installing the IncrediMail application.

The problem is in Windows, not with the installer.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

hailkingsombra
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby hailkingsombra » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Hello. Wanted to give you an update since you were trying to help me out. I did have to do a factory reset and wipe out windows on my system. After I got back up and got the vital programs working, I reinstalled Incredimail and it works fine now. Thanks for your input!

IncrediModerator wrote:In this case, please try installing the application using the Windows install/uninstall tool available on the Microsoft website at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... or-removed

If you still encounter difficulties, I can only suggest that you format your computer and then try installing the IncrediMail application.

The problem is in Windows, not with the installer.

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:12 am

I am glad to hear that everything is now working as it should, albeit with some effort on your part :-)
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

Return to “Download & Installation”