Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
mckmarg
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Upgrade links for IncrediMail2

Postby mckmarg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:14 am

Hi,
I've been trying to keep up to date on the newest versions of IncrediMail2. I saw that you just posted a notice about a new version yesterday, Nov. 2. However, the link you gave again takes us back to the page with IncrediMail XE at the top and IncrediMail2 below it. I can see the "full setup" link for IncrediMail XE, but not for IncrediMail2. The last time I downloaded an upgrade file for IncrediMail2, it wouldn't install. I was advised to download the "full setup" file and was given a different link for that file. That worked. I asked after that experience if you could have your links point us to the "full setup" file, instead of the upgrade page due to this problem. I guess what I would like to see now is a separate page for IncrediMail 2 downloads and to be able to see a link below the upgrade icon for the "full setup" icon, as you have for the XE download files. I'm reluctant to download from the IncrediMail2 icon again due to my last experience. It doesn't say it's a "full setup" file. I'm thinking the communication on the downloads page you are currently using/directing us to is not as clear and we need it to be. I want to download the latest version of IncrediMail2, but want to make sure I'm getting the "full setup" file.

I would appreciate a link to the "full setup" file being placed with the icon for IncrediMail2, so I know what I'm downloading.

Thanks!

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Upgrade links for IncrediMail2

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Use the search feature, we already answered this question several times. Here is the full setup file for IncrediMail 2 :

http://www.incredimail.com/english/download.aspx?product=fullsetup&beta=true
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

mckmarg
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby mckmarg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Dear IncrediModerator,
I just tried your advice and used the "search" feature. I guess there's still something missing in the translation. The "search" feature on the IncrediMail home page says "search gallery". However, I tried it anyway using "Incredimail2 setup file" as my search entry and came up with nothing. That's not going to help us at all.

Your reply actually raises another question for me. If you have "already answered this question several times" then why haven't you done something to give us a link directly to the "full setup" file? It seems to me that if a lot of people are asking about this, then that indicates a need. How difficult is it to create a link to the "full setup" file directly below the IncrediMail2 button on the download page, just as you've done for the IncrediMail XE version? I would think that would clear this up for everyone who is asking about it. The file at the end of the link just needs to regularly be replaced as newer versions of IncrediMail2 are released.

For me, when I go to the link that you always give us, I just keep getting the same thing---an upgrade file; and since we already know that is problematic then it makes no sense to me to keep giving us that link. I sincerely hope you will rectify this problem for all of us who are asking and provide us the direct link to the "full setup" file from now on.

Warm regards,
mckmarg

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:25 am

First of all, I meant you to use the search feature in the forum and not in IncrediMail website. Secondly, In my post to you I have pasted the link for the full setup file of IncrediMail 2.

Read my previous post again.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

mckmarg
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby mckmarg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:39 pm

* Report this post

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 am
Use the search feature, we already answered this question several times. Here is the full setup file for IncrediMail 2 :

http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... &beta=true
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Dear IncrediModerator,
In response to your last reply to my concerns about the links for the IncrediMail2 upgrade file, it seems there is still something missing in the translation. You informed me in this last post that the "search" feature you were referring to in your original response was for the "forum" and not the website. You then urged me to "read my previous post again", which I did. I've quoted that original post here above. I'm afraid it just does not mention the search feature for the "forum". It only states the "search" feature, PERIOD! I have to tell you that I'm new to the forum and was not even aware there was a "search" feature in the forum. I just now went to the top of the page and saw it. I must also state that anyone wanting to find the "full setup" file you need to link us to might not think to use the search feature for the "forum" for this file. We aren't thinking of searching for the "link" when we do the search. No, we're thinking of searching for the "full setup file", as in the FILE, not the LINK. So, it makes sense that one would think to do the search on the IncrediMail website where the files are generally downloaded from. Yes, I now know that I can do a search here on the forum for the LINK to the "full setup" file, however, there was no possible way I could have understood that was what you were thinking from what you posted. So, I'm sorry, the posted replies you gave just didn't effectively and clearly answer my question.

I still have to ask one thing. Doesn't it still just make more sense to put the link for all upgrades to IncrediMail2 to direct us to the "full setup" file, since there is clearly a problem with the installing of the "upgrade" file you've been linking us to? Wouldn't that totally rectify this problem for all concerned and save anyone else down the road from having to ask the same question you've obviously already been asked several times?

Warm regards,
mckmarg

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 am

We can provide links to files/setups - If you wish to install you will have to download the files from the links. Also, we offer two options of installations : upgrade and full setup - Currently, both of them work perfectly.

Topic was locked.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image

IncrediAdmin
Site owner
Site owner

Postby IncrediAdmin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 am

You can also see all the new IncrediMail 2.0 versions (with links for upgrade or full setup) in the following post -

viewforum.php?f=20
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin

Image Image

Return to “Download & Installation”