Non functional "bounce"

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
zkrapz
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Non functional "bounce"

Postby zkrapz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:37 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I have tried for a number of years to get the bounce feature to work and it is still non functional. If it still is not working then why have it as part of the program? Are there steps to take to get it to work?

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have tried to bounce objectionable email and it has never work. They have never been bounced to the sender.

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Non functional "bounce"

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:01 pm

We are aware of the issue you mentioned and are will work on a solution.

We are certain that this problem will be corrected in one of our future versions. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Be sure to continue for new releases and upgrades of IncrediMail by checking here:

http://www.incredimail.com/download.asp

We are working hard to improve our product, so please continue to send us your questions and suggestions.

Thank you for your patience.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

zkrapz
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby zkrapz » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:21 am

I have heard this same goblegook for at least the last 3 years. In reality nothing has been or never will be done about it so why advertise it?

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:24 pm

The bounce feature works in most cases. A possible cause for the feature not working can be if you are trying to bounce a message from a spammer who uses a fake reply address. What the bounce feature does it send the message sender a reply saying that you account is no longer available to prevent them from sending you further messages, if the message you are trying to bounce has an invalid reply address - you might encounter this problem.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:04 pm

I apologize if I wasn't clear, I meant that it does work for most users. We are aware of several use who encounter problems with this feature, however we were unable to locate the cause for it.

Please note that the bounce feature is not a part of any product we offer for sale, it is a free feature of the program all users can use.

Are the messages you are unable to bounce spam messages?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

hardymum48
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby hardymum48 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 pm

The "bounce" feature does not work, has never worked, and is never going to work. What do you expect for free? Accept it and move on.

NavyRet
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby NavyRet » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:36 am

Actually, the bounce DID work quite well in all previous versions I have used (paid versions) for the last 10 years. Unfortunately, the latest "upgrade" seems to be a GIANT step backward. The bounce no longer works. I am using version 2.5 on Win7 64 bit and ever since upgrading to this version, bounce does NOT work under ANY circumstances and anyone who tells me that it does is lying through their teeth. Every time I send in a VIP ticket, I get the same stupid answer. Here is the latest iteration of said stupid answer:

Feb 12 16:42

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting IncrediMail's Support. I will be happy to assist you in any way that I can.
The problem you have encountered is a known issue with the bounce function in the current release of IncrediMail 2.5 and should hopefully be resolved in a future update. My apologies for any inconvenience.
As a workaround, you may add these addresses and/or domains to your blocked senders list in Tools > Blocked Senders, and all future messages from these senders will be automatically deleted.
We are working hard to improve our product, so please continue to send us your questions and suggestions.

Thank you for your patience.

I am not interested in a canned answer OR a work-around. What I AM interested in is a TRUTHFUL answer that does not assume we users are as stupid as the answer you keep shoving at us.

Some of us have actually PAID good money for a LIFETIME license to use software that should actually work and we deserve an HONEST answer, not some pablum designed for idiots.

Now is the time to step up and tell the truth. Are you going to fix this KNOWN bug or are you not? If so, when? If not, stop lying and confess the truth that you are not going to fix it.

Signed - ONE VERY UNHAPPY USER.

DianaBenore
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby DianaBenore » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:03 am

I reinstalled Incredimail 2.5 because I installed a new hard drive. Up until then I have had great success with block/bounce.

Now, the block/bounce feature puts the message in my outbox, with a ridiculously long "to" email address and the message sits for hours/days and never goes anywhere.

For example: the sender's reply address is: Fast5NutriSystem@lead-match.com
But Incredimail wants to send it to: SRS0=tfDG=XX=originatesolutions.us=elish@bounce.secureserver.net;

What's the deal?

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:49 pm

The 'To' address is set according to the original message header which specifies the reply address for each message. Many spam senders put problematic addresses in their message headers to prevent you from replying to their message which causes the issue you encounter.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

zkrapz
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby zkrapz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:16 am

hardymum48 wrote:The "bounce" feature does not work, has never worked, and is never going to work. What do you expect for free? Accept it and move on.

Please be advised that some of us have paid for it plus other Incredimail promotions. It still does not work.

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”