Crash after Windows update

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
timtraub
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Crash after Windows update

Postby timtraub » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:07 am

I mean I tried the fix with the following link: http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup ... lSetup.exe

and it still does not work.

timtraub
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby timtraub » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:17 am

Now what do se do?

FrankD1
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby FrankD1 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:26 am

Gentlemen, please read above, Incredimail Tech Support is working on a Patch to fix this issue.

<Big Smile> <Cool>

shiney19
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby shiney19 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:32 am

Incredimail keeps crashing on me after a recent Windows update. I have experienced this problem for a week now. My parents have recently died and I need to depend on a stable mail client to be able to send and receive emails pertaining to their estate. I raised a complaint and received a reply to reinstall IM which I did but to no avail.

After reading posts on this forum I am quite frankly disgusted that IM have not advised users that they are aware of the problem and are in the process of sorting. I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to uninstall and reinstall IM and all my data when this time could have been better spent.

IM admit there is a problem and make users aware that you are trying to fix.

bridger
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby bridger » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:55 pm

shiney19 wrote:Incredimail keeps crashing on me after a recent Windows update. I have experienced this problem for a week now. My parents have recently died and I need to depend on a stable mail client to be able to send and receive emails pertaining to their estate. I raised a complaint and received a reply to reinstall IM which I did but to no avail.

After reading posts on this forum I am quite frankly disgusted that IM have not advised users that they are aware of the problem and are in the process of sorting. I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to uninstall and reinstall IM and all my data when this time could have been better spent.

IM admit there is a problem and make users aware that you are trying to fix.

Shiney19, see the post a few above yours and you'll see IM is aware and working on this issue for us. I sympathize with you, I lost my mom only two months ago, and I know reliable communication is vital at this time, but they are working on things.

viewtopic.php?p=174290#p174290

Williamherman
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Williamherman » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:02 pm

I second that.
I have posted here about 13/12 with this problem, Windows 8.1 I have posted 2 times and Moderator still has not approved of my post simply reporting what everybody else here has issues with. I suspected the windows update right from the start, since IM was working the night before the updates I reside in Australia, I did try the booting into safe mode, worked once next boot nothing same message as everybody else.
But IM keep telling us the same old things over and over again when dozens tell them it does not work.
You are working on it, yes but how hard are you trying, if you keep coming up with the same old useless suggestions,AV get this, it does not matter what AV we are using it has nothing to do with it.Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, all have the same problem.
I am writing this from a old XP machine that has IM 2 on it and is no longer supported by MS that's why it is still working all my other machines IM does not work.And yes I have the Premium version I pay for it and therefore I expect something in return.
Not good enough.

ConfusedAgain
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby ConfusedAgain » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Having read all the above messages, done all the deleting and re-installing etc, the one that works for me was the kind person that suggested the following:
Right Click the desktop icon,
Click on Run as Administrator.

Have found that it works every time for me (so far LOL).

As ever - totally confused :-)

Gene
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Gene » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:55 pm

I have the same problem. I tried hitting the mail on the bottom line but it did not work.
I was told that IM is aware of the problem but I would have to go to the forum to get any results.
I have now gone to Thunderbird and that is working very well. I have to get into IM before I can go to
the forum????? I paid to become a lifetime member of IM, but it appears that the lifetime is IM"s <Sad Smile>
<Sad Smile>

NAVYBEAR146
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby NAVYBEAR146 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:21 pm

I was experiencing a similar problem...starting INCREDIMAIL APPLICATION I would get the message STOPPED WORKING, it was dead on arrival.

I tried everything including reinstall 10x, checking the FORUM, no help...SUPPORT still working on the problem, but no solution.

FINALLY, I checked into my DOWNLOAD file and found over 300 PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED .exe files....10 of which were Incredimail.

I took a deep breath, and DELETED ALL the downloads....problem solved. I can access all my programs and software, including INCREDIMAIL.

Not sure what the fix was...but I am sending/receiving mail, and SMILING AGAIN.

Hope it works for you...let me know.

NAVYBEAR in Maine, Proudly Retired US NAVY

plato
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby plato » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:13 am

I have the same problem with both Windows 7 and also Windows 8.1 computers.

So initially, I called Incredimail who insisted that the problems were caused by Malware and a mysterious virus. Ok I said and wiped all the Malware out and scanned drives with Sophos and AVG. Nothing found.

Still accepting that the problem was my own fault, I applied an image of the C:\ drive from 2014 to the Windows 8.1 machine. Everything came back to life. Incredimail also worked again.

Next, Windows made 6 updates during a restart and when the machine rebooted, Incredimail crashed on startup again with Windows making the same announcement, closing the program and looking for a solution online or something to that effect.

Now that I have been through this reimaging procedure and know that the computer system disk (SSD) is a clean build without any user activity or history, it seems almost certain that a Windows update has caused the problem.

I will now list the Windows updates that have failed or succeeded today prior to the Incredimail crash. I don't have the time, but I can confirm the names of the updates and their status.

Listed in order as they were installed or attempted to be installed:

1. Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3042058) - SUCCEEDED
2. AVerMedia - Streaming Media and Broadcast Devices - AVerMedia Consumer Infrared Receiver - FAILED
3. Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3000850) - FAILED
4. Security Update for Windows 8.1 x64-based Systems (KB3069114) - FAILED
5. Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243) - SUCCEEDED
6. Update for WIndows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3024755) - FAILED

So that is the last Windows update activity that took place immediately prior to the Incredimail crashing again.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Gerald

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”