Trouble receiving images in emails

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
GEM1616
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Trouble receiving images in emails

Postby GEM1616 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:06 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 7
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
First - I'm not sure what version of Internet Explorer I have. I said "7" but that's a guess.
I can't think of anything I did before the problem started.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
I received no error messages

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Images just began missing in many of the Emails I receive. Little blocks with red "X"s appear Instead of the images. A lot of my emails come through fine - images are displayed. But this problem of red "X"s instead of images is occuring with many the emails I'm receiving now.

davehm
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Trouble receiving images in emails

Postby davehm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32 am

Not that this is of any use whatsoever! - but I've had exactly the same problem for months.
I've tried changing various settings, but nothing makes any difference, and it really would be nice to see the various images that have been sent.
Cheers,
Dave

jbryant
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jbryant » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Incred mail help us???

farmdude01
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby farmdude01 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:37 pm

same problem here

farmdude01
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby farmdude01 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

maybe incredimail don't care?

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:28 pm

To check this issue further, I would like you to perform a few simple steps:

1) Disable any firewalls that you may have installed on your computer.

2) Open IncrediMail and click 'Write'.

3) Enter your own email address in the 'To:' field. Enter a short text message, and insert a picture in the message body and click 'Send'.

4) In the IncrediMail main window, click 'Get Mail'.

Do you receive the email message correctly? If you receive any error message, please quote it in full.

Do you encounter any problem receiving messages in other email clients, such as Outlook Express?
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

Goldenarrow
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Goldenarrow » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:43 pm

IncrediModerator wrote:To check this issue further, I would like you to perform a few simple steps:

1) Disable any firewalls that you may have installed on your computer.

2) Open IncrediMail and click 'Write'.

3) Enter your own email address in the 'To:' field. Enter a short text message, and insert a picture in the message body and click 'Send'.

4) In the IncrediMail main window, click 'Get Mail'.

Do you receive the email message correctly? If you receive any error message, please quote it in full.

Do you encounter any problem receiving messages in other email clients, such as Outlook Express?
I have this problem too. So I did your suggestion of sending myself a picture as both an attachment and an inserted picture. They both showed up correctly when I sent them to myself. So why is it that when someone else is emailing me I get that darn little red x with an empty picture frame? emoticon-0124-worried

cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Goldenarrow,

These emails that you receive that don't contain an image, are they from the same person? It could be that the sending persons email server has a maximum attachment size limit set. If the image or attachment exceeds that size then the image is not sent. Just a thought.
HELP !!!

gus360
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gus360 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:44 am

The problem is in email's from Gmail and is an known issue.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/g ... d453707e81

emoticon-0148-yes

rscali47
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby rscali47 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:58 pm

The problem that gmail is having is with forwarded email is not the issue that Goldenarrow is talking about. It is the lack of images sent in the original email. They may very well be related, but the problem of missing or partially transmitted images occurs with many other carriers. The affect carriers that I know of are. Hotmail,Yahoo, Gmail, mail.com, gfx, AOL, mail.ru and my isp Frontier communications, which is one of the largest in the US. Now It is the position of Incredimail that it is the carriers that are at fault, and if one wants a solution is to seek it from the carriers instead of Incredimail support. This might even wash if Incredimail did not list the carriers in the original youtube ad they have placed the Incredimail ad embedded in the free email client. I really wonder how many people have never realize that their email images are not getting thru to their intended reader. In either case it is still the responsibility of Incredimail to correct the issue or be possbily guilty of false advertisement. Please do not tell me that 3rd party carriers or that Incredimail are/is working on it. This issue is not new and cannot be shoved under the carpet. I want my Incredimail to work as advertised. I merely want what I paid for after reading the incredimail worked with the carriers listed as per their advertisment.

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”