Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Installation - Problem with VBscript

Postby LiliLilica » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows Vista

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Nothing. My Incredimail up and running normally.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Error 2738 - VBScript can not do custom action.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Hello!
For several days I tried to update my Incredimail and I could not because the VBScript,
whose error is number 2738 and a description saying it can not do custom action.
I ask: what can I do to get this error no longer appears so that I can usually update my Incredimail?
Thank you for your attention!
Best wishes,
LiliLilica.
LiliLilica
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Installation - Problem with VBscript

Postby moonstar » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:42 am

This issue is not related to IncrediMail; it is caused by removal of an application from your Operating System (very often the McAfee program). As the source is believed to be in your System Files and not with IncrediMail, we cannot help you further.

We do not have a solution, however users have offered a solution in the IncrediMail Forum. You may check this out, but IncrediMail cannot be held responsible for any actions you take.

Please click here to view the topic.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby LiliLilica » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Hello!

I've been watching my computer settings and Mcafee and noticed that even with this virus the Incredimail functioned normally. Never had problems! So the problem is not in my Mcafee and even in Incredimail. Likely to be some configuration ... He hoped they could help me, but apparently not ...

<Sad Smile> <No>

Best wishes...

LiliLilica.
LiliLilica
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:19 am

This issue is often related to the removal of McAfee, but not always. It is not a virus - it is a system issue which occurs in many programs besides IncrediMail.

A quick Google search of your Error (click here to see this) shows the Error shows up in many programs. Since this is not an IncrediMail caused issue, and we do not currently have a solution, you will need to contact Microsoft for further assistance.
Best regards,

Moonstar

Image Image
moonstar

Postby Andrewpaul » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:32 am

Hello,
This error message indicates that the VBScript engine is not currently registered on the machine where the install/uninstall is taking place.

To begin with Run sfc /scannow and see if it else you. In an admin command prompt window which opens, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. The sfc utility will run for a while and if any corruptions are found, replace them on re-boot.

Or you could download our File Asociation Fixer and use it to fix VBS.

Else re-register the VB Script engine and see if it helps you. The VBScript engine can be registered by following these steps:

Open Command Prompt as administrator

If you are using 32-bit version of Windows: Type cd %windir%\system32 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
If you are using 64-bit version of Windows: Type cd %windir%\syswow64 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter

Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter

Type regsvr32 jscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter.

More details can be found here athttp://www.techyv.com/questions/error-2738-updating-incredimail
Andrewpaul
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby GeminiApollo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I solved the problem by running the McAfee removal and cleanup utility downloaded from their website. It set the registry key back correct and probably fixed other future problems.
Download the removal tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/lic ... s/MCPR.exe
I downloaded and attempted to install the update from the pop-up window when I started the Incredimail e-mail client, from the Incredimail website and the update IncrediMail 2 Build 5175 from www.filehippo.com and continually received the "Error 2738 Could not access VBScript run time for custom action" error dialog box on my HP laptop running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista. After I ried re-registering vbscript in the registry by typing cd %windir%\syswow64 into the command prompt run as Administrator and pressing the enter key, and continuing being unable to install the update, downloading and running this removal tool solved the problem for me too. Apparently, when I switched from Mcafee to Norton , the Mcafee uninstall was not very thorough. In addition, It speeded up my system significantly.
In reply to VyKng post on May 8, 2010 at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... e=5#footer
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11cf-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}\InprocServer32 was pointing to the wrong location. Taking ownership and setting permission on that key then pointing to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vbscript.dll solves different problems as well.
The cause as explained in http://blogs.msdn.com/b/heaths/archive/ ... tions.aspx is that the Incredimail install/update executable uses Windows Script custom actions that are sometimes blocked by security software (such as McAfee, in my case).

As some people have found, re-registering the runtime library vbscript.dll will fix the error, but that isn't always the solution even when you re-register vbscript.dll, and you run regsvr32.exe in an elevated console on Windows Vista and newer with UAC enabled.
GeminiApollo
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby justintjacob » Tue May 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Is there any option to add exceptions in McAfee ?,because antivirus software is very important ,rather uninstall need to add to IncrediMail to trusted zone , in my case i am using Kaspersky and can add to to trusted applications.
can we use CCleaner (http://spidersoft.in/Windows/System-Uti ... er_65.html) to uninstall McAfee ?
justintjacob
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:13 pm

You should be able to uninstall McAfee via the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs option.

Regarding the McAfee program options - please contact the McAfee support for further information.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Return to Download & Installation