Windows 8

Share/Bookmark
Here is your chance to tell us what you think! What would you like to see in our future versions, the Web site - You name it!

Re: Windows 8

Postby Myck » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 am

IncrediAdmin2 wrote:IncrediMail is not yet fully compatible with Windows 8 - you might encounter problems using it in Windows 8.

We will do our best to make sure IncrediMail is compatible with Windows 8 by the time it is officially released.

I just bought a new laptop and unfortunately, it has Windows 8 and I'm stuck with it. I am a many years user of Incredimail and want it in my system. Can you give me an ETA for a compatible version of Incredimail for W8?
Myck
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby williams » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:51 pm

IncrediAdmin2 wrote:I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced.

As mentioned in previous replies on this topic - IncrediMail is not yet fully compatible with Windows 8, we are working on making it compatible.

Hi there, I was wondering when you thought there might be any news of a release? Its just that I'm due an upgrade and was thinking of the new windows phone, lumia 920. would be slightly put off it is there was a long wait before the update. Thanks!
williams
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 am

Please note that IncrediMail is currently only compatible with personal computers with Windows operation systems installed on them.

IncrediMail is not yet fully compatible with Windows 8, however some of our users are able to use it on Windows 8 without a problem - we will do our best to make it compatible as soon as possible.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby maya77 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:50 pm

It works fine for me on Windows 8.

I'm using version 6.3.9.5245.

For those who have problems: have you tried Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 and/or Run as Admin?
maya77
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Ruddigore » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 pm

I use Incredimail on my Windows 8 Pro computer without problem. I get an occasional glitch (not enough to worry me) that can cause the program to stop working until I next log into my computer but as I say that is a pretty rare occurrence.

I am very much hoping that Incredimail will be given a make over that will allow it to work in the Windows 8 'Metro Style' environment with live tiles rather than me having to drop back into the desktop to see my incoming mail, that would be awesome.
Ruddigore
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby rnjderosa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 pm

For Windows 8 as a suggestion, could the Live Tiles indicate a new message or even display the new message?
rnjderosa
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:44 am

Thank you for taking the time to send your suggestion and we will certainly take it into consideration for future upgrades.

We are always happy to receive suggestions that may help us improve IncrediMail and make it better and more friendly to our users.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2

Postby Rose4uKY » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:30 am

I just got a new computer today with windows 8. I backed up all my data but my premium code stopped working awhile back and it keeps telling me I have to buy plus when I paid for premium and gold lifetime along time ago. I now get ads can't use smart notifiers or skins and I am not going to reuse incredimail cause the issue isn't getting resolved. I can't even use VIP support anymore. I have 2 codes one for Gold and one for Premium but the premium keeps registering as gold so it looks like i Have 2 gold different licenses and noone seems to be able to help me. And i liked incredimail too. Guess I'll find something else to use cause Windows 8 doesn't come with an email program I heard. I got windows 8 professional 64 bit I think.
Rose4uKY
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Kira1965 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:13 am

Hi peeps!
I encountered this problem and my fix was this:
*Right click on Incredimail Icon
*Go to Properties
*Click on the Compatibility Tab
*Choose your previous Operating System- ie: Vista, Windows 7, etc.
That fixed it for me and I am still running it in compatibility mode- no more crashing!!!

I think this will be especially good for those not wanting to use IMAP as well.

Good luck, peeps!!!
Kira1965
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby jafajack » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 pm

And here I sit waiting waiting waiting for Incredimail to produce a version that works with Windows 8. <Devil> <Sad Smile> <No>
jafajack
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Feedbacks