Right click misspelled word not working anymore  [Solved]

Share/Bookmark
Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Right click misspelled word not working anymore

Postby wizbert » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:54 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0 dutch version
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I did a fully new install of Incredimail ( the dutch version) with completely deleted IM folder.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
No error received. Right click on the red underlined word gives a pop-up window without de suggestion for replacing the word.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I create a new message in Incredimail with the option check spelling while you type. When I type a wrong spelled word, the word is red underlined. If i do a right-mouse click on the word I aspect to see a pop up window with suggestions from the dictionary, but an other pop-up window (default for selecting the word) appears.This has always been the functionality in Incredimail, but since 2 days it is gone.
wizbert
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Right click misspelled word not working anymore

Postby rodcorkum » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:53 am

My wife just pointed out this same problem to me. She's using Incredimail Xe on a Windows Vista laptop and used that feature frequently. I use Incredimail 2.5 on a Windows 7 desktop and when I checked it, I have the same issue. (I'm a good speller ... just a sloppy typist sometimes, so I rarely use the spellcheck and hadn't noticed that it disappeared.)

You still do have the regular spell check by clicking the button in the toolbar or by pressing F7. But I wonder what happened to the right click spell check feature.

I haven't seen an Incredimail update for some time so wondering if possibly a Windows update installed something that was incompatible with this feature in Incredimail. I'm no computer whiz so that's just a wild guess.
rodcorkum
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:10 am

The issue is related with the latest Windows update - KB2846071

You can disable the automatic update by going going to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > Change Settings.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby cecilg » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 am

Thank you, the solution worked,
BUT within 12 hours Microsoft reinstalled KB2846071 and removing it again took some time including a long reboot of my computer.
Is there no permanent solution to the problem? I do not fancy having to go through this process virtually every day!
Hoping for a helpful reply
cecilg
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby BluSteelll » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 am

IncrediAdmin2 wrote:The issue is related with the latest Windows update - KB2846071

You can disable the automatic update by going going to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > Change Settings.

Thank you very much. I was ready to throw out Incredimail. It fixed the problem. I have turned auto updates from Microsoft and will check each one that comes in for updating before I agree to it and will stop the KB2846071 if I can.
BluSteelll
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Barbara87 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

what I've done is un-installed the update then let it download again, but then before it installs go into windows and hide the update, then it will ignore it.

don't know if I have explained it very well. hope that helps Barbara
Barbara87
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Right click misspelled word not working anymore  [Solved]

Postby wizbert » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:26 pm

OK thanks for the help. Removing the update and not installing it again did the tric.
wizbert
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Windows 7