spam blocker

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

spam blocker

Postby hidehhi » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:22 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
i have explorer 9 and my incredimail build is 6295139 set up id 7
i recently updated my build....will see if it affects the spam blockers' operation...

I have had spam blocker installed for a long time now, which up till now has been working well...now am receiving spam from a fake website "seek" or someone using that name....which somehow bypasses the spam blocker....If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
[i]none

Please provide a full description of the problem:
My problem is that i am getting spam in my inbox from an unknown source, it is NOT filtering first thru the spam filter???? Some of my ok'd emails are going into the spam filter inbox?? i have in the past had a legitimate email from this site, now am constantly getting these fake ones, have also put them in the message rules section???
Which still manage to get through is my only other alternative to change my username through my is ; this has sometimes helped and sometimes not

<Surprised> Please help![/i]
hidehhi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: spam blocker

Postby Frenchie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:29 am

Please save the problematic email you received as an .eml file, reply to this email and attach the .eml file you saved.
To save the email as an .eml file, open IncrediMail, select it, click the 'File' menu in the IncrediMail main window and select 'Save As'. Give a name to the file and save it.
Feel free to provide several EML files if you received more than one spam email.

Also, please make sure that you properly registered your JunkFilter Plus code on this IncrediMail installation.
Can you see your JunkFilter Plus/Protection Center valid membership status when clicking the 'Help' menu, in the 'Licenses' dialog box ?

If you can see your JunkFilter Plus/Protection Center status correctly, try to remove your registration code and enter it again.

Then close IncrediMail completely by right-clicking the tray icon near the computer clock and select ‘Exit’ and reopen IncrediMail to see if you keep receiving spam emails.

If the problem persists, Please also send me a screenshot of your Inbox while displaying the Spam email that is received. To create the screenshot, please click here, click 'Run' and when the file download completes, click 'Run' again.
When you see the spam email coming into your Inbox, click the 'Make Screenshot' in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Close the IncrediMail Screenshot Creator and attach the IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.jpg file created on your Desktop to your reply.

Thanks for replying and providing the requested files if necessary.
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image
Frenchie
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby hidehhi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 am

thanks will need to wait to see if i get another as i have deleted the offending emails; i have a feeling i won't be receiving anymore though as i spoke to someone form the place where these emails are 'supposed' to have come from...and since then i haven't been getting as many...also i have been blocking and bouncing them back to the 'sender'
If i get another i shall do as you have requested

thankyou <Yes> <Smile>
P.S
Forgot to add my registration code if correct and up to date so it's not that
hidehhi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby hidehhi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 am

hi Frenchie

Sorry have taken so long to get back to you, have recently had another 'spam' job offer message, from a company, who i HAVE NOT placed an job enquiry through....e.g Dear wendy Johnston,

You were looking for a job at Monster.com.au. The Paulson Group GmbH Company is interested in your CV.
This Company offers you a job in your city. If you are interested and want to know more, just answer to this email.
If you do not want to consider this job or think that you have received this letter by mistake, please ignore it.

JOB DESCRIPTION

My name is James Melzer.
I'm a Regional Manager of the Paulson Group GmbH. Our Company is located in Lorsch, Germany. Areas of our operation include risk management, stock exchange, Forex market and venture investments.
You can find more details at our website.
We have found your CV at Monster.com.au. Having studied it, we are glad to inform you that we have an interesting part-time or full-time vacancy for you with a modest salary in your city in Australia.
Thanks to up-to-date technologies, we are glad to inform that we opened a number of work-at-home vacancies based on work throught the Internet. So you can work from Australia and maintain permanent connection with our Company in Germany.

At the moment the vacancy is open so you can apply even today. The whole process takes 1-3 days and then you can start your job for our Company. Even if you work or study, you can work for us anyway, as our work-at-home vacancy is ideal for you if you have 2-3 free hours during the EDT/WST time. For example, if you work and if you can arrange a meeting with one of our company customers during your lunch and if you tell about our service packages, you can be proud of yourself. If you do not have a job and you have a lot of free time for this job, that's just great! You can achieve much better results with us.
Don't worry, you do not have to sell anything, we are not a MLM company. We will provide you with advertising materials and will give you detailed information about our Company and a list of our services for our customers in Australia so that you could give detailed information about a full range of our services to a customer during a meeting. If a customer takes a decision to work with us, you get your interest.

HOW IT WORKS

1. You study all the materials and sign a contract. That makes you an official Company employee.
2. We provide you with advertising materials booklets, documents and financial data.
3. You maintain a contact with us through email/Skype. We find customers in your city, for example a broker.
4. You meet the broker, tell him about our services and offer various promo materials. If he/she is interested, he/she contacts 5. you and you forward all his/her questions to us.
6. Thus you are an intermediary between the customer and our Company. You earn your interest and a basic salary.

YOUR TASKS

Our Company is expanding its services and implementing new financial solutions in Australia. We need an employee who would maintain a permanent connection with us through e-mail/phone/video conference and carry out tasks we will send together with instructions.
For example, you'll need to meet our Australia customer in a definite place in your city, tell him/her about our products and hand over documents. If the customer is in, he transfers money to you as a regional representative, and then you maintain connection with us and with him, this customer being under your supervision. You can find more information in the document "Financial Representative" attached hereto.

REQUIREMENTS:

- Being always available on a mobile phone and e-mail check it many times a day from 9 a.m. till 5 p.m.;
- PC user level;
- Ability to form reports in Microsoft Words/Excel;
- Having a bank account in Australia;
- Being an Australia citizen or studying in this country if you are a student or having a work permit;
- Being highly sociable.

At the moment we have no any representative in Australia. You can become the first one and achieve great results.
To start it, we will find a couple of customers for you to understand the whole work process.
Please do not think that it is a kind of scam, Nigerian letter or MLM.
All transactions are fully compliant with your country laws and subject to taxes according to the standard procedure through Tax File Number TFN.
If you are a serious person and ready to cooperate, please contact us without delay.

This job is totally remote and does not require you to be present at an office.
- The basic salary is US$4,600/month + 8% commission.

HOW TO START THE JOB:

1. Read the job description document attached hereto and answer with your approval/agreement.
2. We'll send you your employment agreement and application form that you'll need to fill in and send us back.
3. Our HR Dept. will call you to discuss job details and send you instructions you would need.
4. You will be informed about your approval by email.
5. I'll be your instructor and you will keep your contact with me. My job is to help you with any questions and be a coordinator between you and customers.

Looking forward to receiving your answer.

---

Best regards,
Paulson Group GmbH.
James Melzer
Employment Manager
Address:
Phone: +49 0 62 51 - 64 41 73
Fax: +49 0 62 51 - 51 28 47
Brunostrasse 8
D-74352 Lorsch, Germany.
Mail ID: 8bdc21b725c2c68d88ea464eda2e72b8

It sometimes goes directly through my spam to being verified....i have not used this employment company to apply for a position.....
I have used others, to reply to job applications??? So why am i getting these emails?? You might not be able to help, but thanks anyway <Cool>
hidehhi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Frenchie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:43 pm

This kind of spam email is complicated and since it seems to be written by a human person it is not so easy for Spam filters to identify them and to detect they are spam emails.

Thanks for your understanding.
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image
Frenchie

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)