Incredimail Keeps Downloading the Same messages over and ove

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Incredimail Keeps Downloading the Same messages over and ove

Postby Echo31 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Version 2
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Nothing that im aware of.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
My wife uses incredimail for 2 email accounts both hosted by telstra bigpond (there are 4 mailboxes associated to the main account). 1 email account is specialifically used for important emails and the other is a general email account. The general email account is the one that incredimail keeps downloading over and over. the other account downloads each email once only.

When this porblem started i used the Data transfer wizard to back up the emails and setting and then deleted Incredimail and reinstalled it transfered the emails and setting back to the new install but the same thing happened. After that i reformated the computer(due to incredimail and some other internet explorer problems) and clean installed all programs including incredimail, transfered in the old emails and setting and it still happening.

I have had a look at the your forum at another post with the same problem and i have done the following:

1 checked my setting to ensure no copies are left on the server

2 created a folder and moved all emails out of the inbox

3 I never interrupt the download sequence

this has had no effect.

I use Thunderbird for my emails and I have just configured it to download my wifes emails from the problem account and it only downloaded it once even though i tried to download it a couple of times. I then went back to incredimail clicked Get Mail and it downloaded the same emails again, i then clicked get mail again straight away and it download them all again.

Please Help!!!!
Echo31
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Incredimail Keeps Downloading the Same messages over and

Postby kevhoyt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Does anyone have a solution for this issue? I am also having the same problem. Incredimail is set to remove messages from the server when downloading but it doesn't. Eventually it'll work but not until it has downloaded the same message a dozen or more times.
kevhoyt
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby vitachick » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm starting to get duplicate emails myself...
vitachick
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby rencourt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 am

This has happened to me in the past, and it will eventually stop, but It has been going on all day today, I have downloaded the same 100+ emails going on probably 8 times. It is bogging down my computer and Im afraid if I exit my incredimail it is just going to start over. I just looked at the forum and seen there is actually an issue that they are looking into, but how many times are these same emails going to download.
rencourt
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':
1. First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking the link below:

http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

2. Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts'.
3. Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.
4. In the Account Wizard window, chose 'Let me configure settings myself' , and click 'Next'.

Please Note – If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.
5. Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.
6. Follow the instructions to set up your account.
Let me know the results.
Note: Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby elainepenza » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:04 pm

I've tried everthing you said and still receioving the same e-mail, they're at 158 and counting., and can't receive any other e-mail's
elainepenza
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 pm

I would like you to open a new Identity and see if you still encounter the same problem.

To create a new Identity, please click 'Tools' and then 'Identities'. From here you have the option of choosing 'New Identity'.

Set up your Identity, and check to see if problem continues to occur in the new Identity.

Let me know what happens.

Please Note: Your messages will not be visible in the new Identity - to view your emails just switch back to your former Identity.

To switch between Identities, click your Identity name, located next to the Profile Picture in the upper left corner. From here you can switch or manage Identities.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Postby cnay » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:03 am

Fixed the problem of reloading the same emails. I know this is an old topic but i just now took the time to find out the problem or at least it worked for me. Try this.......
Open Incredimail.
At top left corner, click on "tools"
In that drop down box, at the bottom, click "options"
In "options" under the "general" tab look at "send and receive"
If the "check for new messages every 5 minutes (or whatever you have it set for) is unchecked, CHECK it. Click "Ok" at the bottom and then when that goes away click on "get mail" at the top.
It may load all your messages again, but delete them (or the ones that you don't want) and then click "get mail" again and it should only receive the mail you just recently got.
This has been ongoing with me but I had another mail account so i didnt mess with it, but as soon as i checked the "check for new mail", it worked. Hope it works for you.
cnay
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:37 am

Thank you for sharing your solution.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2