HOW do I remove that dreadful MyStart homepage???  [Solved]

Share/Bookmark
Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

HOW do I remove that dreadful MyStart homepage???

Postby barbhaf » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:49 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Followed all avenues that you state will rectify the problem.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
No error messages received.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Once I renewed my subscription, I wasn't careful enough to untick the "show MyStart as my home page". I utterly loathe this page and want my good old ninemsn.com.au homepage that is set up with everything I want. No matter what I do - I cannot delete this evil page!! I have faithfully followed each and every one of your instructions in deleting it - in fact I have attempted to delete it about 8 times now!
Each time the site appears to be deleted and yet the minute I close the page and then reopen it - VOILA!! That fricking MyStart page appears again!
Whilst I love Incredimail and have been a long time user - I utterly LOATHE how your program download can force both homepages and toolbars onto a user that are NOT wanted. These are options that should be allowed to be chosen not at download when 9 out of 10 ppl are just primed to hit OK or CONTINUE. But then that is what you rely on, isn't it?
Could someone PLEASE tell me how to make the MyStart page disappear from IE 9???? No matter how often I try to make the ninemsn page the home page - MyStart overpowers it.
barbhaf
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: HOW do I remove that dreadful MyStart homepage???

Postby moonstar » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:23 am

To change your Homepage for Internet Explorer, please do the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer and browse to your desired Home Page.

2. Once the page is loaded, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Internet options'.

3. Under the 'General' tab=, click the 'Use current' button to set the web site you are currently viewing as your home page, and click 'Ok' to finish.

In addition, to prevent IncrediMail from alerting you regarding the change you have made in the future, please do the following:

1. Open IncrediMail.

2. Select the 'Tools' menu and select 'Options'.

3. In the window that opens, click the 'Security' tab and uncheck the 'Notify me about changes in my home page settings' checkbox.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby Handmaiden » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Right on, sister. It is dreadful with its flashing pop-ups. So annoying! I've also tried to rid myself of it. I even went to google chrome, but got tons of cookies after chrome changed their "rules" in March. Back to IE8...hmmm...might be IE9 and those annoying pop-ups, requests for more tool-bars, etc. I'm about to shelve incredimail completely and I've had it for nearly 10 yrs.
Handmaiden
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:10 pm

If you don't want MyStart as your default search provider in Google Chrome, please follow these steps:

Open Google Chrome, click on the wrench icon in the top right corner, and select Options.

In the 'Basics' tab, click on the drop-down menu in the 'Default search' section. Click on your preferred search provider, and then click 'Close'.

You have now reset your default search provider.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Postby craftstitcher » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:45 am

How do I stop incredimail mystart search from hyjacking my searches on IE9. I try to use Yahoo search and it always converts to incredimail mystart which I do not want to use. I had paid for incredimail and loved it, but I hate the mystart stuff and so I deleted my incredimail, I got the mystart homepage deleted but I cannot stop the hyjacking of my searches.
craftstitcher
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:26 am

When upgrading IncrediMail, you can select the Custom Installation option, that will allow you to remove the checks from the checkboxes regarding changing your homepage etc.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Postby craftstitcher » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 pm

I am not talking about mystart homepage. I am talking about mystart search engine. It is taking over my searches and I want to use Yahoo search and every time I type in the search bar and click web search it comes back with incredimail mystart search engine. I use Internet Explorer 9 and cannot find a way to stop the mystart search. I have found info on getting it off of firefox but not IE9.
craftstitcher
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Please click the link below to learn more on how to change your Internet Explorer search provider:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... t-Explorer
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Postby craftstitcher » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:59 am

That link is of no help as MyStart search engine is not listed in the options to be deleted. I have had Yahoo listed as my default search provider for sometime now but it is being hijacked by mystart.
craftstitcher
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: HOW do I remove that dreadful MyStart homepage???  [Solved]

Postby craftstitcher » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:45 am

Got help from Yahoo forum. I needed to go into my tools - add-on manager and disable the web assistant. Thank you for trying to help.
craftstitcher
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Windows 7