Will not accept registration codes - and more.

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Will not accept registration codes - and more.

Postby benherrmann » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Did this on both IM 2 6.29 Build 5181 and the Beta 2.5 (latest release)
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 11.0
Your Operation System: Windows 7 - 64 Bit

What have you done before the problem occurred?

Unable to input all my registration codes (see below in description of problem)[/i]

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Help:

1. Everything was just fine for a long time. Then a few weeks ago I downloaded a release that caused many, many problems - specifically crashing as it was receiving new emails. So I uninstalled that version completely (even going into the registry - which I'm an advanced user) and eradicating any vestiges of IM. I then reinstalled the problem and it still crashed as before.

2. So I uninstalled that and then installed your Beta version 2.5. It worked fine - but had too many bugs - although it didn't crash.

3. So this morning I noticed that an IncrediMail 2 6.29 Build 5181 was available for download. So I uninstalled the Beta version 2.5 completely. I then installed the IM 26295181 version. Everything was then fine - so I thought.

NEW PROBLEMS - NOT EXPERIENCED BEFORE:

1. Incredimail will now no longer allow me to enter my registration codes: I have 4 paid registration codes that include Premium, Gold, Letter Creator, and Protection Center.

2. No matter how many times I try to enter the codes, I get the following error message - whether on your latest stable version or the Beta version (same message with all attempts):

* Edited be Moderator - DO NOT post IncrediMail License codes in the Forum - all users can see and use them!

3. I am connected to the internet via high speed Cable Modem - and I can download emails just fine.

4. I even turned off my Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall - but it still doesn't let me do anything.

What do I do here? I'm tired of uninstalling and reinstalling IM. And because of this, I cannot download any additional content. Something on my system is preventing me from doing any of this. Or, will resetting the codes allow it to work?

My system involves:

Windows 7, 64 Bit system
Internet: High Speed Cable Modem (no problems there).

Ben Herrmann
benherrmann
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Thanks for the new code and specific software that you sent

Postby benherrmann » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Thanks for the new registration code for MPC that I was sent via PM - and also for the software fix that you sent . But nothing has helped, as the same error message came up indicating that it failed to register.

As I mentioned above, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Incredimail several times - all to no avail. What on my system could be causing the registration codes not to work at all? It appears that even when you send me new codes (or reset them), they are not registering. Any ideas?
benherrmann
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Can somebody from IM at least get back with me on this....

Postby benherrmann » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Can anybody please help me here? I tried some new codes - they didn't work at all. Incredimail refuses to take the registration. Can somebody at least get back to me via email?

I've been using Incredimail for 8 years now. When Incredimail is working, it's the best out there. Unfortunately, all too often, when things go bad, they stay bad.
benherrmann
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Will not accept registration codes - and more.

Postby moonstar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 am

The Error Message you see means your Firewall is blocking IncrediMail, or there's an issue with your connection.

Make sure your Firewall is configured to accept IncrediMail processes (if you don't know how to do so, please tell me which program you have), and make sure your computer is directly plugged into the router.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2012

Postby benherrmann » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:33 pm

I've been using Norton Internet Security for years (my current version is 2012). I'm connected to the internet via high speed cable modem. My typical download speecs are 30 MB per second (yes, that's fast).

Incredimail allows me to receive and send messages (I've never had problems in the past).

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2012 - so please tell me what to do (configure-wise) so that it will allow Incredimail to do everything. I just checked and Incredimail is NOT being blocked by anything.

Thanks,

Ben
benherrmann
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:11 am

This is the instructions for Norton 360 (let me know if these are different than what you have):

1. Right-click the 'Norton 360' icon in your system tray and select 'Open Norton 360'.

2. At this point, the 'Norton 360' dialog opens. Place your mouse over the 'PC Security' tab and choose the 'Manage Firewall' option in the list that appears.

3. Select the 'Program Rules' tab and click 'Add'.

4. At this point, the 'Select a program' dialog opens. Browse to the following location:

C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin

Please Note: If you installed IncrediMail in a different location, browse to that location.

5. Select each of the following processes and click 'Open' (you will need to repeat this one at a time for each process):

* IMApp.exe
    * ImNotfy.exe
    * IncMail.exe
    * ImpCnt.exe
6. Next to the process you add, make sure to select 'Allow' from the drop-down list to the right. Please repeat Steps 5 and 6 to add all four IncrediMail processes.

7. Once all the processes have been added, click 'Apply' and then close all open dialogs.
Best regards,

Moonstar

Image Image
moonstar

All of those files are already allowed in my Firewall

Postby benherrmann » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Norton 360 is configured differently with regards to accessing the options (I have Norton Internet Security 2012) - but I did check "program control" under my Firewall settings. All of the incredimail files you listed above are shown as "allowed," so that's not the problem.

Again - I have virtually no problems with internet connections and my Firewall is not blocking anything. And even when I turn the Firewall off (along with the Anti-Virus), it will not allow me to register any numbers. Kind of like a nightmare.

I've even tried to register the numbers while in Windows Safe Mode - but still the same problem there.

I'm almost at the point (after 8+ years or so) of just going back to using Outlook if this situation cannot be resolved. I'd really hate to do that because I've invested in Premium, Gold, MPC, and Letter Creator registration numbers - and it would be a waste to leave. But....like I said - when Incredimail happens to be functioning fine, all is well. But when it elects to go haywire (which it can occur with something as simple as a program version update), it can turn out to be a nightmare. And as long as Incredimail has been on the market, people shouldn't experience the amounts of problems that they are experiencing.

Hopefully you guys can come up with the right solution.

Ben
benherrmann
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:54 am

Are you having difficulty registering any of your other codes?

Can you try registering the code on a different computer, or using a different connection (if you have a laptop, try a different location to register).
Best regards,

Moonstar

Image Image
moonstar

None of the codes work....

Postby benherrmann » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:28 pm

None of my codes work....on this particular PC (a desktop unit - and they worked just fine up until a month ago). I have Incredimail on my other PC (which is a laptop) and the codes are just fine there. But it's a previous version of Incredimail.

Again - my history with this scenario shows that:

1. My previous version of Incredimail (which I downloaded a month or so ago) began to have issues with crashing when receiving email. No matter what I did (i.e. uninstall and reinstall), the crashing would not stop (the registration codes worked just fine though). We could not resolve the crashing issues at all.

2. So to experiment, I downloaded your Beta version 2.5 and it worked fine (meaning, no crashing issues - although there were lots of bugs). The registration codes showed in the Help, licenses section, but this where the problems started occurring. I now no longer download Gold content even though the Gold registration code was showing in the Help, Licenses section. So I tried removing the codes (so I could enter them again), but it would not let me remove them. I also tried re-entering the codes again (which normally would work just fine in other versions), but IM Beta would not allow me to reinstall the codes (giving me the same error codes).

3. So recently, I saw this a newly released, updated version of IM 2 (the one I'm writing about now - 6295181). Before downloading and installing that, I first uninstalled all vestiges of IM 2.5 Beta from my PC. I then even went into the registry and removed all traces of IM - to ensure there was no corruption (again - I'm very experienced with dealing with the registry).

4. I then downloaded the latest IM version of 6295181. After installing, I then looked at the Help, Licenses section - and I noticed that no registration codes were listed there. OK, so I began trying to enter all of my registration codes (and like Beta 2.5) IM would not let me register them at all - no matter what I tried (i.e. with Firewall and Anti-Virus off, tried in Safe Mode, etc.).

So obviously, it's something on this PC.(which is a desktop unit), but for the the life of me, I can't figure out why.

I sent an IMData.zip file to your Tech Support people via email (like they requested), but they take so long and I haven't heard back from them at all.
benherrmann
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:39 pm

If it's just the one computer, it's definitely something on the computer blocking the codes.

If you send me your IMData, I'll check a few things and get back to you about a possible solution.
Best regards,

Moonstar

Image Image
moonstar

Next

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)