Attachments Not Found

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Attachments Not Found

Postby CAR49ers » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:47 am

Your IncrediMail Version: Build ID: 6295180 Set Up ID: 7
Your Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Installed the Upgrade in early March, posted the problem, and waited for the fix upgrade.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
The Attachment file C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities\{47AAD584-A31A-4617-9845-A50CAFA7F7D0}\Message Store\Attachments\{EC288EFD-FB1D-4F23-869C-1BC048EF588C}\Bassett Furniture Invoice.pdf could not be found.

(It may have been deleted or blocked, for example by AntiVirus)

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I just went back to open an attachment to an email received prior to the above upgrade problem. When I clicked on the attachment, it stated that it was not found (see above)! Every attachment forever is "not found" (pictures, pdf files, zip files, everything).

What happened and how do I recover my files?
Last edited by CAR49ers on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAR49ers
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Attachments Not Found

Postby CAR49ers » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:44 am

Can I please get a response to my concerns? emoticon-0112-wondering

Thanks
Last edited by CAR49ers on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAR49ers
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby CAR49ers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Why will you not respond to my question? emoticon-0181-fubar
CAR49ers
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby CAR49ers » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:02 pm

I have been on the Message Board for nearly a month and have received no answer! If there is no solution, just tell me so. At least give me the courtesy of recognizing the fact that I have a problem, not insignificant, I might add. <Sad Smile>
CAR49ers
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Frenchie » Mon May 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

I'd like you to send me a screenshot so I can check to see exactly what you are seeing and go from there. You can do so by clicking here, clicking 'Run' and when the file download completes, click 'Run' again.

When you see the problem again, click the 'Make Screenshot' in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Close the IncrediMail Screenshot Creator and attach the 'IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.JPG' file created on your Desktop to your reply.

Also, Information about your IncrediMail installation will be necessary to better understand the reasons for the problem you are experiencing. To create the 'IMData.zip' file, please click here. Click 'Run' in the File Download dialog, click 'Run' again when asked to run the software and follow the instructions in the SupportUtil dialog.

Please attach both these files to your next post.
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image
Frenchie
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby danlite » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

Hi CAR49ers, I just had a similar problem recently.
I think the problem occurs when you are using POP3 protocol since it downloads all the attachments to your local computer.
I just deleted an older attachment from incredimail's local folder (usually found at C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities\{B19EE282-ED65-11D9-BA9E-00055D4EC325}\Message Store\Attachments)
and then after that I am able to receive attachments without a problem. However, I am not sure if you could revive lost "not found" attachments since it wasn't technically downloaded to your computer. Your mail server may have a copy of those.

Try this first, attach a small txt file on your friends email and send it to your email. If you able are to open that file, then these solution could help.

I hope this helps.
danlite
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)