Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Transfer all Incredimail data from one laptop to another

Postby Teresa080550 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail Premium
Your Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Already purchased Incredimail Premium for my old laptop with Windows Vista.
Installed Incredimail Premium on new laptop with Windows 7.
I made a transfer file (ended up to be 3 zipped files) to transfer to the new laptop.
I copied the data to a USB stick and than on my new computer.The document was 700 MB and is called Incredimail Data1, a .cab file.
When I try to import/bring the data on the new computer I can not find the file, it is there but not visible for the window I have to put it in. See attachment...
What can I do?
Thanks
Teresa,
The Netherlands

PS: tried to send an attachment with images but neither pdf nor docx is allowed...
Teresa080550
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Transfer all Incredimail data from one laptop to another

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 am

Please note that you will have to copy all the IncrediMail Data.cab file you have mentioned creating to your new computer in order to be able to import them.

Also, when selecting the location from which you wish to import the data, make sure you select the folder the IncrediMail Data.cab files are in rather than the actual IncrediMail Data.cab files.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby candylca » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:13 pm

I bought a new computer and tranferred my old to an external hard drive, I have 21 cab files but evidently when it was being transferred it didnt complete and i didn't realize it. Now i want to transfer those cab files to the new computer but when it finishes cab 21 of course it's looking for 22 and there is no more. How can i get what i have to transfer (21 cabs) to transfer. They are zip files can i unzip them and copy them to the new computer Incredimail? If so where do i put them. I need those emails badly
candylca
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 pm

To import these files without the missing file, you will have to create a new folder on the desktop of the computer to which you wish to import the data, and do the following:

To import your email messages and folders, do the following:

Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Messages'.

In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.

Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the folder located on your Desktop to import your old email messages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To import your contacts, do the following:

Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Contacts'.

In the 'Import Contacts' dialog, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.

Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2

Return to How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started