IMAP: An invalid argument was encountered

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Postby logan2057 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 6605239
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Sent or received mail, which comes in fine

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Since I've upgraded to Incredimail 2.5 about a month ago, I've been fairly and pleasantly surprised by the few number of errors as opposed to regular Incredimail. The issue I'm currently having is whenever my mail in my primary email account comes in, I get a gong and a message stating; IMAP: AN INVALID ARGUMENT WAS ENCOUNTERED. I've gone online and looked this up to find that it has to do with the SSL ports for the incoming mail. Currently incoming mail has a 995 setting on it as well as "This server requires a secure connection" checked. However when I change this to port 587 again it works for a bit then I get a message that this server does not support SSL. So I change it back to 995, and, again, it works great for a bit then "GONG!! IMAP: AN INVALID ARGUMENT HAS BEEN ENCOUNTERED" once again pops up. I've even tried removing the SSL connection and switching the email server to POP from IMAP with no results, because then I get the message, that this server requires a secure connection.
Now as I have stated there are fewer errors in this version of Incredimail but this one is driving me to drink. What is the proper port for the incoming mail in Incredimail.
logan2057
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: IMAP: An invalid argument was encountered

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Replied in PM.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby Kolorado » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:50 am

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, could you post it here?? Would greatly appreciate it much.

Thankyou so much :)
Kolorado
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Kolorado » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 am

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, could you post it here?? Would greatly appreciate it much.

Thankyou so much :)
Kolorado
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:09 pm

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

**1.** First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking on the following link - http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup//beta/installer/fullsetup/IncrediMailSetup.exe

**2.** Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts...'.

**3.** Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

**4.** In the Account Wizard window, choose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'. **Please Note –** If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.

**5.** Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

**6.** Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

**Note:** Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2

Return to Email Account Issues