Problems with pop3

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Problems with pop3

Postby Bene59 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I did the upgrade from IM 2 to 2.5

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Hey Guys,

I've made the upgrade to IM 2.5

The problem is, that IM 2.5 automatically sets the settings to IMAP and then I to changed it to pop3 and tryed to get my mails but then the programm said: "operation incomplete"
Bene59
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Problems with pop3

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Which email provider do you use?

Did you check with your account provider that the settings you used are correct?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby rawcdna » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:01 am

I am having the same problem with IM2.5 under Win8. IM only provides an auto configure setup (no manual setup as described in the HELP file) and this works OK with Yahoo as far as basis send/receive of emails is concerned. But the setup in IM is for IMAP (imap.mail.yahoo.com as the incoming mail server) even though I have specified POP within YahooMail. The problem is IM on the Win8 desktop now operates as a remote (Synch'd) device and this is not how I want to use it on a WIN8 desktop. I have tried letting IM auto-configure the account and then modifying it per Yahoo instructionsfor a POP server but this results in the "incomplete "error message. Also the setup window indicates (Imap) still as the configuration mode in the setup screens. Any advice much appreciated
rawcdna
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:36 pm

To set your account as a POP3 account, you can select the Other option when configuring your email account in IncrediMail, instead of @yahoo.net enter a different address (for example @test.com) and then configure your server names manually, after doing that you can click the Tools menu, select Email Accounts and click Properties to enter your correct email address.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Postby billiebiz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 am

I use XE Premium 6208, I love it, few problems, but for the past 5 days it uses a "Message Rule" and does not permit certain people to send me mail I have no messsage rule for any of these people, it begun by IM deleting all my "Drop downs" and teh next thing I can't receive mail from several people.
I use my webmail, Gmail or GMX, message rules are applied and I don't know where the mail is going
billiebiz
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 am

Please click the 'Help' menu and select 'About IncrediMail' which build ID appears in the window that opens?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Return to Email Account Issues