Can't Send/Receive

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Can't Send/Receive

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 am

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':
1. First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking the link below:

http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup

2. Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts'.
3. Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.
4. In the Account Wizard window, chose 'Let me configure settings myself' , and click 'Next'.

Please Note – If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.
5. Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.
6. Follow the instructions to set up your account.
Let me know the results.
Note: Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support

broncowenz
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby broncowenz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:30 am

The results are the same. I go to open an email, the program freezes and I can't do ANYTHING. I'm super frustrated because there are files in folders that I can't access, contacts I can't access (as they are only in incredimail and not my msn account).

Help Help Help !!! It's now been 2 weeks

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Since you are experiencing this problem, I would like you to try and boot your computer in Safe Mode, which loads Windows with only the necessary drivers, then try using IncrediMail again.

To boot your Windows in Safe Mode, please do the following:
Print out these instructions, so that you can follow them after restarting your computer.
Restart your computer.
Before Windows starts, press the 'F8' key on your keyboard.
Select the 'Safe Mode (with Networking)' option from the 'Mode Select' menu.
After Windows starts up, open IncrediMail and let me know if the problem continues to occur.

Note: To restore your computer to its normal state, simply reboot it.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

broncowenz
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby broncowenz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:39 pm

I did as you said and went into safe mode. Same thing was happening... kept trying to put 1983 emails in my in box???? Then it would get stuck. I ended up deleting all emails in my inbox and then the deleted file folder. No idea if it's going to stay working-- but for now it is.

Thank you.

broncowenz
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby broncowenz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:54 am

I unchecked that box that says to save a copy on the server............ YET, it keeps downloading 1800+ EMAILS to my inbox. I delete them ALL and voila..... an hour later, it starts all over again.

I feel like it's Groundhogs Day !.... HELP <Surprised>

tmc
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby tmc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 pm

I am giving up on incredimail as no one seems to know the answer - its gmail and reliability for me from now on albit a short term nuisance.Its incredimails problem

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I would like you to open a new Identity and see if you still encounter the same problem.

To create a new Identity, please click 'Tools' and then 'Identities'. From here you have the option of choosing 'New Identity'.

Set up your Identity, and check to see if problem continues to occur in the new Identity.

Let me know what happens.

Please Note: Your messages will not be visible in the new Identity - to view your emails just switch back to your former Identity.

To switch between Identities, click your Identity name, located next to the Profile Picture in the upper left corner. From here you can switch or manage Identities.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

labman
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby labman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:46 pm

I have the same problem, can not send and receive. Fortunately I have forwarded my mail to Gmail, but with incredimail the get mail button doesn't work and send mails stay in outbox. I have added a new identity and strange this one works. So the problem is in my old identity. How can I add everything to my new identity like contacts and mails so that I go on receiving and sending mails from my new identity or can some one solve the problem and I can go on using my old identity.
Looking forward to receive a sollution to my problem.
Petra

IncrediAdmin2

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

To import your IncrediMail folders, email messages and contacts to your new identity, please do the following:
Browse to: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities\Your Identity(long number)

Copy the 'Message Store' and 'Address Book' Folders to your Desktop.

Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import', select 'Messages' and click 'IncrediMail'.

Select the location of your saved IncrediMail files (Desktop) and click 'Next'.

Once IncrediMail has imported your email messages, do the following to import your IncrediMail contacts:

In the IncrediMail main window, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import', select 'Contacts' and click 'IncrediMail Address Book'.

Select the location of your saved Address Book files and click 'Next'.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2

2safarinow
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby 2safarinow » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:41 pm

I have hade the same problem since November 30, 2012. I have contacted my provider and we walked their part of it through to make sure that everything was in place properly and spelled properly. I still cannot send/receive mail. Did you ever get your problem solved? I am with Comcast so I can get my mail over there (Infinity) but I miss Incredimail. I have had it for 8 years and I am used to it. Sending mail another way is boring! My e-mail address is marymachado@comcast.net. I have tried to follow some of Incredimails instructions, but get nowhere. <itwasntme> 2safarinow

Return to “Email Account Issues”