Cannot send email

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Cannot send email

Postby Tracey » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:33 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I cannot send email. The connection rejected by outgoing mailserver 'smtp' try again later.
socket error 10061 port 465, protocol SMTP no connection could be made, the target actively refused it.
PLEASE HELP, I have been having this problem for a while now, all information I have received on this has NOT been helpfull at all .
VERY FRUSTRATED :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Can anyone please help??????????

THANK YOU, Tracey @ tehnes5@live.com
Tracey
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Cannot send email

Postby IncrediAdmin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 am

Can you please tell me your account details? Ports, email servers, and etc?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediAdmin
Site owner
Site owner

Postby Tracey » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:52 pm

:) :) :) Hello, Thank you for responding. My my order product number is 98166216860, order #1968599, IM GOLD.
Servers for tehnes5@live.com, Incoming server pop3, outgoing server smtp, log on using secure password is checked, my server requires authentication is checked. Server port numbers, outgoing smtp 465, incoming pop 995, the server requires secure connection are both checked.
Servers for Yahoo, incoming pop.mail.yahoo.com, outgoing smtp.mail.yahoo.com, log on using secure password checked, my server requires authentication checked. Server port numbers, outgoing smtp 465, incoming pop3 995, server requires secure connection are both checked.
Hope this is enough information. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Thank You kindly. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Tracey
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:17 pm

It seems that your Hotmail account is not configured correctly. Open the account properties window and make sure you have configured the following settings :
  1. Click on the 'Servers' tab and make sure that you use the correct servers.

Incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com

2. Check the box for 'My server requires authentication' option.

3. Click on the 'Advanced' tab and check the two SSL checkboxes while outgoing mail port (SMTP) is 25 and incoming mail port (POP3) is 995 , and click ‘OK’.

Please let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Tracey » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:46 pm

:) :) :) Hello, thank you for the information, I have done what you requested and I still cannot send email. The outgoing mail server 'smtp.live.com' does not respond, try again later.
Socket error 10060, port 25 protocol SMTP. A connection attempt failed because the connection party did not respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
BUT after I configured it as you requested I was able to receive mail that would have just went to the hotmail account, so that part was good thank you. :roll: :roll: :roll:
THANK YOU SO MUCH :? :?
Tracey
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Did you change all the settings under the 'Advanced' tab ? If you could receive the emails you should be able to send emails too. I suggest you to empty your 'Outbox' folder, and then try to send again.

Also, If you have a firewall installed, please make sure that its settings allow IncrediMail to access the Internet, by making sure that the following processes are in the list of the firewalls approved programs:

IncMail.exe
IMApp.exe
ImNotfy.exe
ImpCnt.exe

If you are still unable to use IncrediMail, please try disabling your firewall completely.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Tracey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:35 am

:roll: :roll: Hello again, well I tried what you requested and the logon yahoo window comes up authorization failure.
ERR-popgate unknown command. This happens when firewall is configured correctly and also disabled (firewall). Servers is set up correct. :) :? :roll: :?
Thank you :!:
Tracey
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:42 am

According to your first post the sending problem was related to your Hotmail account. In order to help you I need to know the exact error message you received.

Also, Yahoo! Mail stopped providing free POP3 access or Auto Mail Forwarding to Yahoo!Delivers subscribers and these features are only available for paying customers.

To read your Yahoo! account using any email client, such as Outlook Express, Eudora or IncrediMail, you must be a Yahoo paying member, which may be the reason you cannot send or receive email using your Yahoo account.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Tracey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Hello can I just delete my yahoo account all together. If so do I need another provider :?: :? :?
Tracey
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Tracey » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:32 pm

:) :) Hello, this is what happens when I try to send, Incredimail XE window comes up, The outgoing mail server 'smtp.live.com' does not respond. Please try again later.
Socke error 10060, port 25, protocol: SMTP. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. :? :? :? :?
Thanks so much.
Tracey
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Next

Return to Email Account Issues