windows 8.1

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

windows 8.1

Postby atcomo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:06 am

Your IncrediMail Version: v2.5
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
cannot receive mail under v2.5 & windows 8.1
optimun.net (my ISP) says incredimail 2.5 & windows 8.1 was incompatable with their server.

Has anyone been successful with optimum.net & windows 8.1?

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
operation incomplete

Please provide a full description of the problem:
cannot receive mail under v2.5 & windows 8.1
optimun.net (my ISP) says incredimail 2.5 & windows 8.1 was incompatable with their server.

Has anyone been successful with optimum.net & windows 8.1?
atcomo
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: windows 8.1

Postby arik1942 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:37 am

I'm running Windows 8.1 and have no problems receiving or sending emails. I have, however, lost all my letters and Gold Gallery content. Address book in tact and everything else is ticking along. I made sure I upgraded to the latest build and things are fine. I haven't contacted VIP support but will to see how I can retrieve my favourite backgrounds, etc.
arik1942
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: windows 8.1

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:50 pm

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

**1.** First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking on the following link - http://www5l.incredimail.com/im/imsetup//beta/installer/fullsetup/IncrediMailSetup.exe

**2.** Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts...'.

**3.** Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

**4.** In the Account Wizard window, choose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'. **Please Note –** If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.

**5.** Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

**6.** Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

**Note:** Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Return to Email Account Issues