unable to send

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

unable to send

Postby Larryvan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 6395260
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 9
Your Operation System: Windows Vista

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I've tried to reinstalling the program

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
failed to connect to the outgoing server. smtp.charter.net please try again later details 421

Please provide a full description of the problem:
when i try to send an email i recieve the error message---- failed to connect to the out going server. smtp.charter.net. under the tab details their is a number 421.. please help with this issue. thank you larry
Larryvan
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: unable to send

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:54 pm

The issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

1.   First please refresh your IncrediMail installation by clicking here:

http://www.incredimail.com/English/down ... rsion=test

2. Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts'.

3. Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

4. In the Account Wizard window, chose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'.

Please Note – If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 5.

5.  Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

6.  Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

Please Note: Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Customer Support
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby Larryvan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:41 pm

after refreshing the program, I created my account in the account wizard.after clicking the next button I get this message Hmm somthing went wrong. charter.net said there was a problem connecting to your account. please try again later.I clicked on the x out button in the upper right corner to leave that screen and the next screen says Congratulations Incredimail has successfuly created a new account. I tried to send a message to myself and got the same error. I had the same issue when I updated from Xe. larry
Larryvan
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Since you are experiencing this problem in IncrediMail, I would like you to test this email account configuration in Windows Live Mail.

To configure your account, start Windows Live Mail - a Wizard may run the first time it's opened - if so, skip to Step 3.

If the Wizard does not open, please do the following:

1. Click the 'Accounts' tab and then the '@' (Email) icon. If you do not see this, make sure you are viewing the 'Mail' window by clicking 'Mail' in the bottom left corner of the screen.

2. Now, click the 'Add...' button to start the Wizard.

3. In the 'Add an E-mail account dialog', enter your Email Address and Password in the appropriate fields. If you want Windows Live Mail to remember your password, mark the checkbox next to 'Remember password'.

4. Enter your Full Name in the 'Display Name' field. Mark 'Manually configure server settings for e-mail account.', and then click 'Next'.

5. On the next page of the Wizard, under 'Incoming Server Information', select POP3 from the drop-down menu, and finish entering your Incoming (POP) Server Details. Under 'Outgoing Server Information', enter the SMTP server name and details.

6. Click 'Next' and then 'Finish'.

7. Click 'Sync' to receive your Messages.

Try to send and receive your email using Windows Live Mail and let me know the results.

Note: If you don't have Windows Live Mail installed, please click here:

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail?os=other
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Postby Larryvan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:36 pm

I made an account in win live mail. the following is the error message I recieved.

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject ''
Server Error: 421
Server Response: 421
Server: 'smtp.charter.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

I don't understand, the settings I am using is the ones I did not have any issues with in michigan. In florida they don't work???? <Sad Smile> I am able to send mail directly through the servers at charters web site. Larry
Larryvan
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:10 pm

You have attempted to configure your email account details both in IncrediMail and in Windows Mail. In both cases your email account could not be correctly configured, which means that the email account configuration details you provided us are probably incorrect.

Please contact your email account provider and ask them for the following details:
What are your POP3 and SMTP mail server addresses?
Do you have port numbers for your POP3 and SMTP mail servers?
Do you need to authenticate when sending mail?
Do you need to use SSL?
Also, please verify with them that the username and password that you are using are correct. Once you have all the above details, reconfigure your email account and let me know if the problem continues.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Postby Larryvan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:36 pm

I checked with charter and placed the server address into incredimail also win live mail. I tried to send myself a note, and got the same error message. The same settings as what were used before. Larry
Larryvan
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Are you able to send/receive in Windows Live Mail using the new settings you received?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Postby Larryvan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:55 pm

no, I am only able to send from charter's web page. Larry
Larryvan
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:39 pm

In that case, there still seems to be a problem with either your account or the way it is configured. Please ask your account provider to assist you with configuring your account in Windows Live Mail, once you get it to work there - the same settings should work in IncrediMail as well.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Next

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)