Freezing up computer

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Freezing up computer

Postby firedog » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: ver 2
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 7
Your Operation System: Windows Vista

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Uninstall & re-install many times - doesn't help

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Incredimail 2 keeps locking up my computer - After its been open for a couple of minutes it uses up about half of my CPU usage. imapp.exe says 50% in processes (Windows Taks Manager). When I close it my CPU ussage goes back to 5% or so. until I reopen IM. It keeps using up all my memory
Thanks for you help in advance
firedog
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Freezing up computer

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:49 pm

First, download and install the latest version of IncrediMail. Click on the following link:

http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... &test=true
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby firedog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks - I tried downloading the latest version but it didn't help. imapp.exe still uses up 50% of my CPU usage and locks everything up. It always works fine for about 5 or 10 minutes but when you leave IM open it will take over the computer - any other advice?
Thanks
Greg
firedog
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby firedog » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:08 pm

So who is out there that can solve this problem? Any IM Tech people to assist us ????
firedog
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Theslaz » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 pm

I had the same problem; in that right after I installed Incredimail 2, my computer would do the same as your. However; it appears to be working now; so I'll wait and see before I try anything else. I did send a help request to Incredimail and they did reply after a couple of days. I will post the reply. Hopefully it will help someone with the same problem. I noticed that the link did not show in my "copy and paste". Here it is:

http://www.incredimail.com/su.asp?suId=1794
Theslaz
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby firedog » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Nothing seems to work regarding my computer freezing up. I've use the link for the runtime folder and day "OK to delete" - doesn't help. The IMAPP.exe keeps using 50% of My CPU usage !!! When I end task it works for a couple of minutes and then the IMAPP.exe starts back up and locks IM up again. It's like the "Monster That Ate Minnesota" - it can't be stopped. In that others have the same problem - wouldn't you think that IM support could solve this problem????

Where is that "runtime folder" anyway - I can't find it?? Any advice would be helpful or I guess I just have to quit using IM - too bad becasue I really liked it when it worked
firedog
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:46 pm

firedog wrote:Nothing seems to work regarding my computer freezing up. I've use the link for the runtime folder and day "OK to delete" - doesn't help. The IMAPP.exe keeps using 50% of My CPU usage !!! When I end task it works for a couple of minutes and then the IMAPP.exe starts back up and locks IM up again. It's like the "Monster That Ate Minnesota" - it can't be stopped. In that others have the same problem - wouldn't you think that IM support could solve this problem????

Where is that "runtime folder" anyway - I can't find it?? Any advice would be helpful or I guess I just have to quit using IM - too bad becasue I really liked it when it worked

In order to see what is occuring with your installation, and to check if it did indeed install correctly, I'd like you to please send me (in a Private Message) the following:

Please click here to create the IMData file which will collect this information. Click 'Run' in the File Download dialog, click 'Run' again when asked to run the software and follow the instructions in the SupportUtil dialog.

Attach the file to your Private Message and I will check it out as soon as possible!
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby FrankB » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem, can I send the imdata file to you?
Thanks
FrankB
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Frenchie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:26 am

Please send it within your next post so we can check it and try to help you ASAP.
Cordialement,

Frenchie
Support Client IncrediMail

Image Image
Frenchie

Postby FrankB » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks, but how do i attach file?

I have PM you with the attachement
FrankB
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Next

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)