Data file location

Share/Bookmark
Here is your chance to tell us what you think! What would you like to see in our future versions, the Web site - You name it!

Data file location

Postby mermaidcms » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:07 pm

My computer was reformatted recently. I have kept my IM data on different drive so that I can get to it if the computer crashes. This has worked well for IM Xe. Unfortunately, IM2 does not allow a user to identify data file locations. We must import files or use the wizard which asks for the location of a non-existent .cab file. In doing so, not everything is imported, such as SAVED folders or other user created folders. What is worse is I don't know where data files are being kept now and have no way to preserve them in case of a crash. THis is of huge importance to me to have control of where the files are kept. PLEASE put that back into OPTIONS.
mermaidcms
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Data file location

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Thank you for taking the time to send your suggestion and we will certainly take it into consideration for future upgrades.

In the meanwhile, to view your data location simply right click on the 'Inbox' folder and select 'Properties'.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Data file location

Postby cabahia » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:22 pm

I agree with mermaidcms. It was a retrocession take away the option for the user choose the data file location. Another point that was bad too is not allowed to sort the folders anymore. I expect the future upgrades will correct this points.
cabahia
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Feature Requests & Feedbacks