Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Exporting to Outlook

Postby banner125 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Xe Premium
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows Vista

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Exported to cab files

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
How can I export the emails, folders and contacts so that they can be imported into MS Outlook? I have to use outlook for work now, however all my emails are in Incredimail. How can I transfer everything to Outlook? The cab files created can't be imported to outlook.
banner125
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Exporting to Outlook  [Solved]

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Like other email clients, IncrediMail cannot export your email messages to other email clients.

We will consider adding this option in the future.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment you can save your email as an .eml file and move it to another email client, by doing the following:

Open IncrediMail and select the email message you want to export. Click the 'File' menu and select 'Save As'. Save the email message to your Desktop.

Now you can drag the .eml file that was created to any other email client's Inbox.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Exporting to Outlook

Postby banner125 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:42 am

IncrediModerator wrote:Like other email clients, IncrediMail cannot export your email messages to other email clients.

We will consider adding this option in the future.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment you can save your email as an .eml file and move it to another email client, by doing the following:

Open IncrediMail and select the email message you want to export. Click the 'File' menu and select 'Save As'. Save the email message to your Desktop.

Now you can drag the .eml file that was created to any other email client's Inbox.
Thanks for letting me know.

The issue is I have thousands of business emails, many with file attachments, that need moving.

So I assume it is one at a time file save in appropriate desktop folders, or forwarding emails to a different address that recieves in Outlook, then sorting into new folders.

Any other options?

regards

Rod
banner125
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:16 pm

The only way to do it using IncrediMail is to save your emails as '.eml' files. If you wish you can search over the Internet for 3rd party softwares that exports your emails to '.eml' files.

Note: 3rd party softwares are not related to IncrediMail and we cannot be responsible for consequences that occur when you use and install 3rd party software.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby macgyverjason » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:16 am

This url may help : http://thisbug.blogspot.com/
macgyverjason
IncrediUser