Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Incredimail XE

Postby Bobbydzr » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Always had Incredimail XE

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have always had Incredimail XE version. I had the Windows 7 RC and recently put in the Windows 7 OS. When I went to install Incredimail XE it automatically installed the 2.0 version. I asked the Incredimail people and they told me that the XE is not compatible with windows 7 ---Dah?. I have been using it for over 8 months on Windows 7 RC. Plus Windows 7 offers me the ability to run programs in different compatibility modes.

I want to know how and where I can download a XE Version and install it on my PC. I like the XE a lot better than this new 2.0 and I have had it for many years.
Bobbydzr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Incredimail XE

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:46 pm

It not recommended to install IncrediMail Xe when working with Windows 7 operating system. IncrediMail Xe is not fully compatible with Windows 7, here is the link for IncrediMail Xe:

Http://www.incredimail.com/English/down ... ersion=im1
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Incredimail XE  [solved]

Postby Bobbydzr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

I have had Xe for over 5 years now. I am also a Premium and Gold Gallery member. I like the format and skin I have better than the 2.0.
I have had the Release Candidate of Windows 7 since August of 2009. I went through a lot to get Xe back then too. I now have an activated full version of Windows 7 Ultimate.
I have had no problems with Xe on either of my Windows 7 versions, but I have many problems with the 2.0 version that Incredimail is pushing hard. It would not send and receive my default AOL account and Incredimail Help Center told me the problem was AOL had made changes to their servor. I also could not edit anything in Notifiers.
I tried downloading Xe through Incredimail and every time I did even though it was labeled Xe on the download the 2.0 version was installed. Through the help of a user giving me the correct information here on the forum I was able to go to C-Net and download a real Xe version.
I am having no send/receive issues, no issues at all. Only thing I am missing is the letters I had made through the new Photo Mail Maker, some how they were lost on the transfer of my files and folders.
I thank you for your response.
Bobbydzr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Download & Installation